Application Deadline: December 30th 2017
Do you post interesting content on your Facebook daily? Do you wait for that one great ‘Insta’ moment to share? Are you excited by analytics? Do you wonder what makes content viral and delve deeper to come up with ideas of your own?
The British Council is looking for a Social Media and Content Marketing Intern to join our India marketing team. The ideal applicant will possess strong knowledge of the digital media landscape, especially Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Instagram and blogs. The successful candidate will be responsible for contributing to content planners, posting and monitoring content, engaging with our online audience, participating in online outreach and promotion and submitting frequent reports.
Candidates looking to gain valuable online media experience with an established global organisation are encouraged to apply. This is a full-time internship at our Gurgaon office. In addition to getting great experience in the social & digital media space, you’ll learn, about the British Council, how global organisations operate and grow professionally while being a key team player contributing to the business’s online presence.
This vacancy is with BC Examinations and English Services India Pvt Ltd (BCEESIPL), a wholly owned subsidiary company of the British Council.
- Work with the senior marketing and academic teams on content planners.
- Assist with day-to-day scheduling and monitoring of content on platforms.
- Learn to curate and create content while working with academic and marketing managers.
- Monitor discussions, posts, and comments across multiple social channels and assist with comment moderation.
- Update the monitoring and reporting sheet daily. Also, work on a monthly report and analysis to be shared with senior managers
- Work with senior managers across the central marketing team and English SBU.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- A Marketing/Media/Communications or English Language major, with minimum 6 months experience of working on digital platforms as freelance or with an agency/organisation.
- A solid understanding of the digital landscape and what content/medium works on various platforms.
- High level of attention to detail, organisational skills, and ability to prioritise quick demands and deadlines.
- An interest in current events, pop culture and social media.
- The ability to work collaboratively with a matrix organisational structure.
- Experience with or interest in social media analytics, including Google Analytics and Facebook Insights.
- Basic understanding and experience of using Microsoft office tools (word, excel, powerpoint).
- Basic knowledge of Photoshop and/or Illustrator will be desired.
How to apply
To apply for this post share:
- your responses to our questions on the attached document.
- your most updated curriculum vitae highlighting your experience relevant to the internship requirements and any other relevant information that will help us take your profile forward.
Please send both completed documents to myEnglish@britishcouncil.org with the mail subject: Social Media Internship 2018.
For More Information: