Application Deadline: 30 June 2016
Bulgarian Gender Research Foundation (BGRF), in cooperation with its partners the Advocates for Human Rights from Minnesota, the International Network for Economic, Social and Cultural Rights /ESCR-Net/ and the European Women Lawyers’ Association/ EWLA/ are pleased to announce the Call for Applications to participate in the training programme of the Sixth Round of the Women’s Human Rights Training Institute (WHRTI), 2016-2017. The first session of the Institute will be followed by a workshop of the International Network on Economic, Social and Cultural Rights.
The Institute is a unique initiative founded by the BGRF, the Center for Reproductive Rights and the Network of East-West Women (NEWW) in 2004. It is the first-of-its-kind programme aimed at building and developing the capacity of young lawyers from Central and Eastern European and the Newly Independent States (CEE/NIS) for litigation on women’s rights issues, including:
– violence against women,
– sexual and reproductive health and rights, and
– social and economic rights and employment discrimination.
The WHRTI provides the participants advanced and in-depth knowledge and practical exercises on women’s human rights protection in the three areas noted above.
Twenty five participants will be selected among practicing lawyers and legal counselors working with human rights or women’s rights NGOs in the region. Successful applicants should:
- have a substantial and sustainable interest and a demonstrated commitment to women’s human rights advocacy and/or litigation and in using the law creatively to secure redress for women’s rights violations;
- have a professional relationship/affiliation for at least one year prior to the application with an institution/organization that has capacity to litigate women’s rights cases or has experience with litigation and preferably focuses in its work on women’s human rights;
- have demonstrated interest and basic knowledge of the international universal and regional human rights law, legal standards and instruments,
- be committed and available to actively participate in all the three sessions of the Institute (approximately one week every six months) and to be involved in the intersessional work;
- have fluency in written and spoken English, and advanced English language comprehension.
The completed WHRTI application form and all supporting documents (see the application form for details) must be sent to the Bulgarian Gender Research Foundation (BGRF) by 30 June 2016 to the following e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com
The applicants short-listed for an interview will be contacted by 20 July 2016
The final selection will be done by 15 August 2016
The First session of the WHRTI 6 is planned for 27 September until 2 October 2016, and the workshop of the ESCR- Netwill take placeon3 and 4 October2016.
For More Information: