Application Deadline: JANUARY 29, 2016
ZeLIG School for Documentary is pleased to announce that the new call for application ESoDoc – European Social Documentary 2016 is now open!
Are you a media maker and want to make a difference with your work?
Are you a documentary filmmaker, graphic designer, programmer, game developer or journalist who wants to develop a documentary or transmedia project with a social, political or human rights issue in order to create awareness?
ESoDoc – European Social Documentary is the training initiative for cross-thinkers and media professionals, who want to increase impact and outreach of their documentary projects, using the power of media to encourage social change.
ESoDoc offers you three intense one-week residential sessions held over a period of six months, combined with extended online sessions for project tutoring, international coproduction and networking with festivals and other market events.
With the support of top-rated professionals, you will improve your storytelling skills, you will master the art of project developing, prototyping and pitching. You will discover new forms of team-building and networking and will get an insight in international coproduction, financing and distribution strategies.
During the three sessions you will:
- assist ground-breaking lectures from prominent worldwide professionals and discover what is new, controversial and seminal in documentary film making;
- work individually (one-to-one meetings) and in groups to develop your documentary or cross-media project;
- take practical courses in storytelling/writing techniques, cross-media production, participatory media;
- get trained in pitching skills and present their projects in front of renowned experts at the final public pitching session, as well as during one-to-one meetings;
- participate to the extended online sessions for project tutoring and networking with festivals and other market events.
- ESoDoc participants are committed to social issues and eager to explore new creative forms and communication strategies.
- ESoDoc are looking for documentary filmmakers, graphic designers, programmers, game developers, journalists and NGO-communication representatives.
- ESoDoc can accept up to four participants from non-EU countries.
- The cost per participant is 1.200,00 Euro (600,00 Euro for participants from new member states).
- This covers tuition, room and board. Please note that accommodation might be in single or a shared double room, according to availability.
- Travel expenses are not included.
- Four (4) full scholarships are available. A “full scholarship” would cover the enrollment fee AND the travel costs for all three sessions. In case of a high number of scholarship requests, ESoDoc might assign a “partial scholarship“, which would cover the enrollment fee OR the travel costs.
- If you want to access scholarship funding, you must provide 1 copy of your latest official tax return together with your application. No other kind of document shall be considered.
Dates of ESoDoc 2016 (t.b.c.):
Session 1: May 2016
Session 2: July 2016
Session 3: October 2016
For More Information: