Application Deadline:June 17, 2016.
The National Youth Commission received the official communication about the program from the Office of ASEAN Affairs, Department of Foreign Affairs on June 8, 2016 (Wednesday).
Due to the exigency of the matter and in compliance with the deadline set by the Organizer, applicants are only given nine (9) days to accomplish and submit the application requirements.
The Secretariat of the ASEAN-China Centre thru the Department of Foreign Affairs and the National Youth Commissionopens the application to the 1st ASEAN-China Youth Summer Campwhich will be held on July 11-22, 2016in Beijing and Tianjin, PRC. Participants will have a chance to experience and learn Chinese Language and Culture through various interactive activities.
NYC will be sending two youth delegates to the program.
Qualifications for Youth Delegates:
- Filipino (college or masteral students)
- 18-30 years old
- With good communication skills
- Philippine passport holder (valid until January 2017)
- Mentally and physically fit to travel
- With thorough knowledge of Philippine history and culture
- Must be willing to shoulder expenses for round-trip airfare, airport terminal fees, and travel tax
- Must be able to attend the pre-departure briefing on July 10, 2016 and the program proper on July 11-22, 2016
- Must be willing to be an NYC volunteer or to participate in post-program activities
- Accomplished NYC International Programs Application Form
- Accomplished 1st ASEAN-China Summer Youth Camp Form
- Accomplished NYC Volunteer Application Form (for first-time applicants only)
- Scanned copy of valid passport
- An essay of not more than 1500 words about the role of the youth in ASEAN-China relations
- Delegates will shoulder their travel expenses from their residence (province) to NAIA and back, as well as their accommodation in Manila for the pre-departure briefing, international airfare (Manila-Beijing-Manila), and their travel tax/terminal fee.
- The organizer will shoulder the delegates’ food, accommodation, and local transportation in China.
The following need not apply:
- Participants of NYC-coordinated international programs from June 8, 2014 – June 8, 2016 whose airfare, accommodation, and meals were paid for by the organizer; and
- Participants of NYC-coordinated international programs from June 8, 2015 – June 8, 2016 whose airfare was shouldered by the participants and whose accommodation and meals were paid for by the organizer.
How to apply:
Documents or requirements must be submitted to email@example.com (with Subject Heading: APPLICATION FOR 2016 1st ASEAN-China Youth Summer Camp)
FOR PERSONAL APPLICATIONS: Submit your documents to THE INTERNATIONAL PROGRAMS UNIT, 3rd Floor West Insula Building, West Avenue, Quezon City, 1105.
FOR SUBMISSION THRU COURIER: Send your documents to: THE INTERNATIONAL PROGRAMS UNIT, 3rd Floor West Insula Building, West Avenue, Quezon City, 1105.
Applicants are advised to strictly follow the instructions for submission. The NYC will not be responsible for application documents which will be lost or sent to wrong e-mail addresses.
For More Information: