Application Deadline: June 9th 2016
The National Youth Commission in partnership with the Ministry of Gender Equality and Family of the Republic of Korea (ROK) opens the application to the 2016 Philippine-Korea Youth Exchange Program which will be held on July 20-29, 2016 in Seoul and Jeonju, ROK. With the theme Historical Culture, the program aims to provide cultural experiences of Korean domesticity and enhance Filipino understanding about Korean culture through homestay program and site visits.
NYC will be sending nine youth delegates to the program
Qualifications for Youth Delegates:
- Filipino (college or masteral students with background in Korean Studies, Korean Pop Culture, International Relations, International Studies, or Asian Studies)
- 18-30 years old
- With good communication skills
- Philippine passport holder (valid until January 2017)
- Mentally and physically fit to travel
- With thorough knowledge of Philippine history and culture
- Must be willing to shoulder expenses for round-trip airfare, airport terminal fees, and travel tax
- Must be able to attend the pre-departure briefing on July 19, 2016 and the program proper on July 20-29, 2016
- Must be willing to be an NYC volunteer or to participate in post-program activities
- Accomplished NYC International Programs Application Form
- Accomplished NYC Volunteer Application Form (for first-time applicants only)
- Scanned copy of valid passport
- One (1) recommendation letter from Professor or Immediate Supervisor outlining the applicant’s abilities and skills related to the theme of program (Korean Studies/Pop Culture)
- An essay of not more than 1500 words about how the Korean Wave influenced Philippine Pop Culture
- Delegates will shoulder their travel expenses from their residence (province) to NAIA and back, as well as their accommodation in Manila for the pre-departure briefing, international airfare (Manila-Seoul-Manila), and their travel tax/terminal fee.
- The organizer will shoulder the delegates’ food, accommodation, and local transportation in Korea.
The following need not apply:
- Participants of NYC-coordinated international programs from May 16, 2014 – May 16, 2016 whose airfare, accommodation, and meals were paid for by the organizer; and
- Participants of NYC-coordinated international programs from May 16, 2015 – May 16, 2016 whose airfare was shouldered by the participants and whose accommodation and meals were paid for by the organizer.
How to apply:
- Documents or requirements must be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org (with Subject Heading: APPLICATION FOR 2016 PHILIPPINE-KOREA YOUTH EXCHANGE PROGRAM)
- FOR PERSONAL APPLICATIONS: Submit your documents to THE INTERNATIONAL PROGRAMS UNIT, 3rd Floor West Insula Building, West Avenue, Quezon City, 1105.
- FOR SUBMISSION THRU COURIER: Send your documents to: THE INTERNATIONAL PROGRAMS UNIT, 3rd Floor West Insula Building, West Avenue, Quezon City, 1105.
- Applicants are advised to strictly follow the instructions for submission. The NYC will not be responsible for application documents which will be lost or sent to wrong e-mail addresses.
- Deadline for submission is on June 9, 2016.
- Please send all queries to email@example.com with subject heading “Query: 2016 PHILIPPINE-KOREA YOUTH EXCHANGE PROGRAM”.
- Please get in touch with the NYC International Programs Unit through Ms Sarah Grutas at telephone numbers (02) 4162833.
- The NYC reserves the right not to respond to questions whose answers are already stated in this briefer or in the application form.
For More Information: