Call for Ideas: The Spindle Summer Labs 2018
Application Deadline- May 31st 2018
The Spindle Summer Labs 2018
Do you have an innovative idea or solution that contributes to an inclusive, just and sustainable world? The Summer Labs accelerate your idea around development cooperation into a pilot proposition with or within a (Dutch) NGO that you could start the next day. Send in your idea and win The Spindle Innovation Award for Best Idea 2018 on October 11th + €5000 seed money!
You learn best when you have fun, are connected and passionate about the idea you’re working on. This is the philosophy behind The Spindle Summer Labs. We aim to create a space in which creativity is triggered and you boost the setup of a new plan, project, business model, policy, product or service in the world of international development. Get ready for an intense, inspirational and awesome summer, in which you could be one of the ten teams that develop their idea with leading design agencies
While selecting the 10 best ideas of 2018, the jury will focus on the following criteria:
- Relevance to one or more of The Spindle themes
- A clear problem: the idea contributes to a clear problem or need in the world of development cooperation and NGOs.
- Originality: How original is your idea? Does your idea provide a distinctive, new solution to development cooperation?
- Impact: How big is the impact you can create with your idea?
- Sustainability: how (financially) sustainable is your idea? If it isn’t sustainable yet, we will explore potential ways of future sustainability.
- Scalability: How and to which extent can we scale it up?
- Appeal: Can you make people enthusiastic about your idea?
- Team: You don’t necessarily need to have the perfect team in place, but is your team committed? How are you connected to organisations that can bring your idea further? Do you have solid knowledge and experience in the context of the idea? And are you open to new approaches and new collaborations?
- Ready-to-go pilot proposition
- Intense coaching
- Access to doors and constructing a fundraising strategy
- Spindle’s expert network and new connections
- Personal and team development
- A chance to win the Spindle Award for Best Idea 2018
For More Information;