Application Deadline: 11th January 2016
The promotion of the educational philosophy and approaches practiced in the European Youth Centres in member states of the Council of Europe and beyond has been a priority for the Directorate of Youth and Sport and the Youth Department since the 1990s.
A project to promote the European Youth Centres of the Council of Europe as standard-setting instruments and examples of good practice for youth policy was started in 2010. This project aims at
knowledge sharing and networking among youth centres across Europe.
The Platform will bring together:
- managers and staff members of youth centres planning to apply the Quality Label standards without intending to acquire the Quality Label
- youth centres that already have obtained the Quality Label
- decision-makers planning to establish a youth centre with Council of Europe philosophy and quality standards;
- representatives of national youth ministries who support a selected youth centre and who participate as a tandem selected experts.
All participants should:
- be prepared and competent to present the structure and concept of the centre they are representing, and/ or
- be in the position to place the plan for the establishment of a new centre in a youth policy framework;
- be available for the full duration of the Platform;
- be able to work in English. Working language
The Platform meeting will be held in English only. Please note that all official communication regarding
the project will be done entirely in English.
The Platform meeting will be held from 23 to 25 February at Lisbon Youth Centre, Lisbon, Portugal. Participants are requested to participate for the entire duration of the meeting and are asked to plan their arrival for 22 February and their departure for 25 February after 2pm.
- Accommodation in single rooms will be provided for the duration of the Platform in a hotel or in:
IPDJ Lisbon Youth Centre
Via de Moscavide 47
1998 LISBOA EXPO , Portugal
Tel.: +351 218 920 8 00
Board and lodging and group shuttle between Lisbon airport and the youth centre on the 22nd and 25
th will be arranged and covered by Lisbon Youth Centre and the Council of Europe. Participants are expected to cover their travel costs and other subsistence expenses.
As the number of the participants in the meeting will be limited, those interested in participating in the
Platform are requested to complete the below application form and return it no later than 11th January
2016 by e-mail to: email@example.com
Participants selected will be informed by 22nd January 2016 and receive an official invitation letter
together with a detailed programme, background documents and technical information by 8 February
For More Information: