Application Deadline: October 20th 2017
A training course for youth workers, peace-builders and change-makers
Alive Peace are looking for up to 30 participants from 9 specific countries to take part in a training course ‘Exploring Holistic Approaches Towards a Culture of Peace’
Dates: 10–17 December 2017
Venue: Geneva, Switzerland
Participating Countries: Switzerland, Italy, Spain, Poland, Turkey, Bosnia-Herzegovina, Cyprus, Ukraine, Germany
Participation Fee: 100 CHF (Food, accommodation and travel costs are covered by the project)
Deadline for Applications: 20th October 2017
Profile of Participants
- Active in the fields of peace and conflict / youth work / social change
- Involvement in a local organization and have organizational support for further activities
- Availability to take part in the whole duration of the project
- From one of the 8 partner countries or the host country Switzerland
- Good level of English
- Aged 18–35
The project aims to empower young people (active and experienced in peace-building, activism, change-making and social change) to explore ways of developing a holistic culture of peace in order to integrate into their work and to empower them as agents of change.
- to increase the effectiveness of youth workers, change-makers, peace-builders and activists through holistic peace-building approaches;
- to enhance participants’ understanding of peace education through a holistic and experiential approach
- to explore existing systemic structures and obstacles for peace in order to respond with creative and innovative solutions;
- to establish a sustainable cooperation between participants to implement common activities aiming to build infrastructures of peace within their communities;
- to encourage participants to transfer their peace-building skills to the young people with whom they work, and thus act as multipliers of peaceful values.
The training is composed of an 8 day programme (which includes arrival day on 10th and departure day on 17th December) and activities are based on a non-formal education methodology, rooted in a participant-centred, experiential learning approach. Throughout all the activities, participants will be encouraged to actively participate bringing their own experiences, sharing best practices and identify the main challenges in their work with youth people, in order to find sustainable strategies to strengthen their role as agents of change. Participants will also be given the space to offer sessions if they wish to do so.
Participants will also be able to design concrete action plans in order to promote the culture of peace within their own groups, starting from a local level to an international level. After the training, a follow up system will be implemented, in order to assist participants in the development of their action plans.
The application form should be completed no later than 20th of October 2017. The course is organized with the support of the national agency Movetia. Travel costs (up to 400 CHF per participant) accommodation and food will be covered by the project. There is a 100 CHF participation fee (which will be deducted from the reimbursements so that you do not have to pay upfront), with a limited number of bursaries available.
For More Information: