Application Deadline: 9 January 2019
ONE Youth Ambassadors are a dedicated team of volunteers who electrify ONE’s campaigns across Europe. They engage decision makers, work with the media to raise the profile of ONE’s campaigns, and encourage the public to sign ONE petitions through online activity and local events.
Recruitment for the 2019 Youth Ambassador programme is now open and we’re looking for passionate campaigners to join us.
The ONE Youth Ambassador programme is a one- year volunteer programme, which is entering its sixth year in Belgium, and we’re looking for passionate campaigners to join us for 2019. Next year presents a great opportunity to garner support from politicians across Europe for key issues such as protecting aid budgets, increasing investment in the fight against HIV/AIDS and the fight for girls’ education, as well as garner support from politicians across the EU ahead of the European Parliament elections in May. you can make a difference in the fight against extreme poverty.
Youth Ambassadors are advocates for The ONE Campaign in their communities and beyond. They carry out a variety of creative and innovative actions in support of our campaigning and advocacy work. In total, there will be around 300 Youth Ambassadors throughout Europe. The volunteer programme will run throughout 2019, and each Ambassador will receive training, access to high-profile events, in-depth policy briefings, as well as dedicated support from ONE’s campaigns team. This role is a great opportunity for anyone wanting to become
more engaged in international development or who wants to develop their skills in creating change.
Being a ONE Youth Ambassador is not a full-time or paid role. It is a voluntary role that will take no more than a few hours of your time every week. Youth Ambassadors are typically between 16-35 years of age but we will consider applications outside this age range.
There will be monthly meetings, a launch event, and end of year celebration, which you are expected to attend, as well as opportunities to meet other European Youth Ambassadors.
Youth Ambassadors will have access to a range of campaign and advocacy tools and activities, and will receive support to design and develop their own action plans with the ONE team. They will be expected to deliver a range of actions , including but not limited to:
- Organising and delivering local events & presentations
- Attending events including festivals
- Meeting with decision-makers, and advocating to members of the European Parliament, European Commissioners and other influential figures on ONE’s 2019 campaigns
- Using social media to raise awareness and create change
- Writing letters to newspapers and possibly appearing on the radio or TV
- Encouraging the public to take online and in person campaign actions
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
Youth Ambassadors will have:
- A passion for our mission to end extreme poverty and an interest in international issues
- Willingness to attend a programme induction and training in person in Brussels in early March 2019
- Willingness to attend monthly meetings and actions in person throughout the year
- Great communication and teamwork skills
- Ability to build and maintain relationships
- Ability to encourage and support others
- Strong organisational skills with the ability to organise own workload efficiently
- A good level of written and spoken English
Only applicants living in Belgium will be considered. The language used in the programme is English, and it is expected that Youth Ambassadors will be in Belgium for the full duration of the programme (from March to December 2019).
WHAT WE OFFER
- Being part of a group of 50 Youth Ambassadors in Belgium and a Europe-wide network of around 300 young activists
- A clear set of objectives and tasks with a certificate of achievements awarded on completion of the programme
- Regular online and in-person training in areas including campaigning, advocacy and media
- The opportunity to attend exciting events
- Opportunities to engage with policy-makers
- Reimbursement of reasonable expenses when on duty
ONE values diversity and does not discriminate in its selection practices and during your time as a volunteer. ONE welcomes applications from as diverse a range of applicants as possible.
For More Information:
Visit the Official Webpage of the ONE Youth Ambassadors Programme 2019