Application Deadline: September 26, 2019.
We’re passionate about making change for good. That’s why T-Mobile and the T-Mobile Foundation are proud to partner with Ashoka for the second year of our Changemaker Challenge, a national contest that empowers young people to make impactful, sustainable changes in their communities.
On August 8, T-Mobile, the T-Mobile Foundation, and nonprofit partner Ashoka are kicking off the second-annual Changemaker Challenge, a nationwide contest to mobilize the next generation ready to create positive change in their communities.
This year’s T-Mobile Changemaker Challenge is looking for 30 bold ideas from young visionaries, advocates, and social entrepreneurs ages 13 to 23 from across the USA and Puerto Rico. Now through September 26, teams can enter the Challenge by submitting a project that drives social change in one of three categories: Technology, the Environment, and Education.
In early November, T-Mobile will officially announce the top 30 teams. Winners selected by senior leaders from T-Mobile and the T-Mobile Foundation will receive seed funding and a three-day Changemaker Lab experience in Bellevue, Washington to help take their projects to the next level.
- T-Mobile, the T-Mobile Foundation, and Ashoka Youth Venture will partner to review submissions from across the USA and Puerto Rico and select winning teams based on the following criteria:
- Changemaker Quality: already taking steps to make a difference
- Creativity: fresh, innovative ideas that challenge the norm
- Commitment: devotion to seeing a project through and making a lasting impact
- Connection: ability and openness to work with others in their communities
- T-Mobile, the T-Mobile Foundation, and Ashoka Youth Venture will:
- Provide ongoing skill development, mentoring, and project guidance to help put their plans into action.
- Offer ongoing mentorship, webinars, and other community-building opportunities throughout the year.
- Showcase these young visionaries and promote their innovative ideas as inspirational examples of the next generation of changemakers.
The Changemakers Lab
- The Changemaker Lab is scheduled for December 9-11, 2019 at T-Mobile’s HQ in Bellevue, Washington.
- The Lab is an Un-conference-style workshop with sessions led by T-Mobile and Ashoka, focused on developing critical changemaking skills and community building. Teams receive mentorship from T-Mobile executives and skills training from Ashoka, while gathering a powerful changemaker network along the way.
- At the Lab, all 30 teams will present their ideas to T-Mobile employees and leaders.
- Of the top 30 teams, the best in each category will receive additional seed funding and the opportunity to pitch their ideas to T-Mobile senior leadership and the T-Mobile Foundation. One selected grand prize winner will receive even more seed funding, and a second all-expenses-paid trip back to T-Mobile’s HQ for further hands-on mentorship to continue supercharging their ideas.
- The T-Mobile Changemaker Challenge launches on August 8, 2019 and closes to entries on September 26, 2019.
- After the deadline, T-Mobile, the T-Mobile Foundation, and Ashoka Youth Venture will review all of the submissions and announce the winners in early November.
For More Information: