Application Deadline-December 11, 2018
The U.S. Embassy in Yangon is pleased to announce the Global Undergraduate Exchange (Global UGRAD) Program. The program seeks to provide students from under-represented communities an educational exchange experience in U.S. colleges or universities to strengthen their leadership, professional skills, and commitment to community service, while exploring U.S. values and culture.
WHAT IS UGRAD?
- Scholarship for one semester of study in the United States
- Undergraduate, non-degree, full-time study program
FIELD OF STUDY
All academic fields of study at the undergraduate level (Note: For interested candidates in medicine, nursing, veterinary medicine, pharmacology, or other clinical fields of study, activities of direct patient care, including animal care, are not offered at an undergraduate level in the United States)
To be eligible students:
- must be from Myanmar
- must be currently enrolled in an undergraduate degree program in Myanmar, and must have completed their first year of undergraduate study prior to starting their Global UGRAD Program
- must have at least one semester or an equivalent term to complete at their home institutions upon completion of the Global UGRAD Program
- must be at least 18 years of age, when the program begins
- should have a TOEFL PBT score of 500 or higher
- should be highly motivated and demonstrate leadership through academic work, community involvement, and extracurricular activities
- Eligible students must take a TOEFL screening test conducted by the U.S. Embassy if they don’t have a valid TOEFL score, and must take the official TOEFL test after being nominated.
- Students must return to Myanmar upon completion of the program and may not extend for degree study.
A complete application set includes:
- Completed Global Undergraduate Exchange Program application form (MS-Word | 82KB)*
- Official academic transcripts for years of university study (with English translations). Please provide grade equivalence between local grading system and U.S. university grading system (GPA)*
- Official results of the matriculation exam*
- Two letters of reference: one from academic teachers/professors from the candidate’s major field of study and one from a non-academic aspect of the candidate’s life and work (with English translations)
* All documents should be submitted on plain, A4 sized paper.
SUBMISSION: Please submit application one time only. Soft copies may be submitted to RangoonUSECA@state.gov. Hard copies may be sent or delivered to Cultural Affairs Unit, Public Affairs Section, U.S. Embassy, 110 University Ave, Kamayut Township, Yangon.
FOR MORE INFORMATION
Please contact 01-536509/505113, Ext: 4369/4869 or email RangoonUSECA@state.gov if you want to get an application
For More Information: