Application Deadline: Ongoing
We give money to theatre writers in order to afford them the time and the space to write.
You can be a writer who’s only had one play professionally produced, a writer who’s had dozens of successes or a writer who’s somewhere in between – if you’re struggling to pay the bills, then we can help.
We only support writers resident in the British Isles.
If you are a writer, please write us a letter no longer than one and a half pages long, telling us:
- A little about what you have written before
- A little about what you are writing now, which should include details of the specific project for which you need the time and space and why you need money in order to be able to write (e.g. to pay the rent, buy a laptop, cover what would normally be your salary from temping…etc.)
- If you would like to include up to a page of brief attributed press quotes for previous productions, that is helpful, but certainly not essential. Please don’t send us full reviews or scripts.
- If you need money to cover production costs or a workshop or a reading or to pay for a dramaturg, please don’t write to us.
- If you are a director or a producer writing on behalf of a writer, please don’t write to us.
- Please only write to us if you are a writer who needs the time and the space to write.
We support musical book writers and lyricists as well as writers of straight plays. We also support writers who write theatre for families and young people. We do not support writers who write solely for media other than theatre. We do not support composers.
For more information: