Application Deadline: October 7, 2018.
The World Bank Group Office in Sri Lanka and the Colombo Municipal Council (CMC) together with partner organizations are pleased to launch a photo competition inviting women living or born in Sri Lanka to capture the country’s society and environment from their perspective and submit their photographs for competition by October 7, 2018.
The competition is open to females who are amateur photographers, emerging artists, and established professionals. There is no age limit.
The broad theme for the competition is #PressforProgress for More and Better Jobs for Sri Lankan Women.
The World Bank Group looks forward to original photographs that portray women in ways that are representative of society: on one hand—women in daily lives, female entrepreneurs, women in skilled work, and women leaders; on the other hand—women’s imagination, women’s sense of beauty and the country seen through women’s eyes.
The photographs will be judged on: relevance to the theme, power of the message, originality in treating the theme, creativity, technical quality, and suitability for presentation in a workplace of an international organization and the Colombo Municipal Council.
After receiving all entries, an international panel of judges will review them between October 22 and October 27 to select the winning photographs and the photographers.
The winning photographs will be presented in an exhibition in the Colombo Municipal Council (CMC) area on Saturday January 12, 2019. The exhibition will be accompanied by a catalogue.
The competition is open to females who are amateur photographers, emerging artists, and established professionals. There is no age limit. World Bank Group staff, including Consultants, Interns, Contractors and their immediate family members, are not eligible to participate in the Contest. Project staff contracted through World Bank supported projects are eligible to participate. Non-immediate/distant relatives of the panel members are also ineligible.
Participation Guidelines for Artists
Each artist should submit:
- A completed Entry Form (see attachment)
- Not more than 10 and not less than 3 color or black-and-white photographs in digital format.
Submission Instructions for Photographs
- Photographs can be sent as low-resolution image files (jpeg format). The required maximum horizontal dimension is 1920 pixels and the maximum vertical dimension is 1080 pixels with a resolution of 300 dpi. and maximum image file size of 2 MB. Please send entries via e-mail to email@example.com, with Competition #PressforProgress for More and Better Jobs for Sri Lankan Women in the subject line.
- Please attach the entry form to the same email.
- Submissions are accepted via email only (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Only selected artists will be notified, by November 3, 2018
For More Information: