Application Deadline:11 January, 2019.
The Irish Aid IDEAS Programme is part of Irish Aid’s broad programme of support to capacity building and skills development in Vietnam. The Programme aims to address capacity deficits that hinder the attainment of long-term development goals in Vietnam through the training and development of key individuals, drawn from the public, private and NGO sectors.
The Irish Aid IDEAS Scholarship Programme started in 2009, and since then more than 200 Vietnamese candidates have graduated from Irish Higher Education Institutions under the programme.
Irish Aid particularly welcomes candidates from ethnic minorities, candidates living with a disability or candidates from disadvantaged groups in Vietnam.
Scholarship recipients are required, on completion of their training, to return home to resume work and put their acquired skills into practice for the benefit of the wider community.
Candidates will need to have achieved the necessary educational standard to be accepted onto a Masters course in a Higher Education Institute in Ireland. In addition, there are a number of essential requirements to be eligible to apply for this scholarship.
- be a citizen of Vietnam and be residing in Vietnam.
- have a minimum of two years’ relevant work experience.
- meet any relevant procedural requirements of the Government of Vietnam.
- be able to demonstrate a strong commitment to the development of Vietnam.
- be able to demonstrate skills in academic English by achieving an appropriate score in IELTS of 6.5, with no band below 6.0.
- be able to take up a scholarship in the academic year for which the application is made.
- The scholarship award covers course fees, flights, accommodation, monthly allowances, insurance and other incidental expenses. Eligible Masters programmes commence in the period August to September each year and, depending on the course, scholarships will run for between 10 and 16 months.
Masters programmes at Irish higher education institutes in Agriculture and Rural Development, Food Science, Pharmacy and Biotechnology, Engineering and Sustainable Technology, Information and Communication Technology, Management and Business.
For More Information: