Application Deadline: 30 November 2015
Alongside the teams and organisers, some 6,500 volunteers will be playing a key role throughout the ten host cities. From welcoming spectators and media to dealing with accreditations and logistics, volunteers will be active in almost all areas of tournament operations, at the stadiums, hotels and other venues.
Volunteering at UEFA EURO 2016™ is a unique opportunity for you to play a central role in one of the world’s biggest sports events and meet people from all walks of life, all united by a desire to share in this historic occasion.
Volontaires 2016 was created jointly by The French Football Federation (FFF) and the Professional Football League (LFP) to recruit, train and mobilise the 6,500 volunteers who will help to make UEFA EURO 2016 a success. The tournament is taking place in ten cities accross France from 10 June to 10 July 2016.
The volunteer recruitment process is open to everyone from now untill 30 November 2015.
Applicants should register on www.volunteers.euro2016.fr. All applicants must fulfil three conditions:
Must be …
- be 18 or over on 1 April 2016,
- have at least basic knowledge of French and English, and
- Available in June and July 2016
- Recruitment will depend not only on each applicant’s professional qualifications, but also their motivation, availability and team spirit.
- Prior experience of volunteering is not a requirement, but certainly an advantage.
• Uniform from adidas
• Meals and drinks while on duty
• Access to volunteer centre
June to November 2015: Recruiting days at the ten venues
December 2015: Volunteers on duty for finals draw in Paris
April to May 2016: Training (elearning and on site)
May 2016: Opening of the volunteer centre
June to July 2016: Volunteers on mission
- Volunteers will be needed in various areas of operation, including accreditation, ceremonies, transport, marketing, ticketing and VIP services, to mention only a few.
- Each successful candidate will be given specific training for his/her area of activity, an UEFA EURO 2016-branded uniform and an access to the volunteer centres.
- Recruitment days will be organised in the ten host cities, starting this summer and running until December.
- The training periods will then be scheduled from March to June 2016.
- Volunteers will be active on the event from 10 June to 10 July 2016.