Application Deadline: 31st Mar 2019
Launched in the summer of 2018, “Young Women in Investment” is an initiative to create awareness about, instill interest in and enable women to view the investment management industry as a viable long-term career option.
The rapid growth of the investment industry in emerging markets like India, provides a good opportunity for women to pursue an invigorating and productive career in the industry. The initiative is also an attempt to empower young women, looking to start a career, better understand the current flexibility within the industry and to address traditional concerns such as that the finance industry disproportionately rewards those that work long and inflexible hours.
- Women only.
- Minimum final year undergraduate students.
- Open to candidates pursuing ANY educational discipline (arts, sciences, commerce, engineering, etc.).
- Indian citizens ONLY.
CFA Institute ask that you, if selected, commit to the full program – 4 weeks of boot camp, and 3 to 6 months of internship – for you to derive the full benefits and for us to achieve the objectives of this initiative.
Please ONLY apply if you can commit to the entirety of the program – starting from the boot camp from mid-May 2019 to the end of the internships (internship end date would vary between end-September 2019 to end-January 2020).
The 2019 program, for 100 selected eligible women, includes:
1. Boot camp
- A four weeks intensive boot camp starting in May 2019 (Final dates to be announced).
- 2 batches of 50 women each.
- Includes free food and lodging for the duration of the boot camp.
- Boot camp location will be assigned, candidates will not get to choose the cities.
- Mix of core finance and business skills related topics to be covered.
- Venue: In-residence program in Bengaluru and Mumbai.
- Each participant in the boot camp will be offered a paid internship (for a period of 3 to 6 months) at a reputed financial institution. Subject to background verification.
- Internship will pay a monthly stipend of Rs. 20,000; all other expenses such as food, stay, travel, etc. during the internship period would be the candidate’s responsibility.
- Financial institutions offering internships include Edelweiss, Morningstar, SBI Mutual Fund, State Street, and many more.
- Internship across various cities in India.
- Internships are assigned, and candidates will not get to choose the firm or location.
- All participants who complete the boot camp and the internship will build lifelong relationships.
NOTE: Schedule for 2019 will be shared shortly. Day-wise schedule of 2018 batch for reference here.
- Sharp 9:30AM start every day.
- Tea breaks (15 minutes) in both the morning and afternoon sessions.
- While Saturdays and Sundays have generally been kept free, Saturdays will be reserve days and some Saturdays will be utilized for sessions, activities, etc.
- Participants will be divided into “learning teams”, with each learning team consisting of 5 participants – these learning teams will remain for the duration of the boot camp.
Interested applicants can submit their applications starting 30th January 2019. Applicants will be offered a place on the program on a rolling basis. Application window remains open until 100 applicants have been offered a place on the program OR 31st March 2019, whichever is earlier.
The application process is two-fold:
- Application submission
- Video / phone interviews (for shortlisted candidates).
Please spend ample time to carefully read the instructions, spend time on the essays, and submit a complete application. Shortlisting of candidates will be based on the application and profile. Submit your application by emailing email@example.com with the following:
- Fully filled up application using the template provided (DOWNLOAD TEMPLATE HERE AND INPUT YOUR ANSWERS DIRECTLY IN THE BOXES IN THE EDITABLE PDF TEMPLATE)
- One page resume.
Please note the following to complete the application template:
- Personal details.
- Essay on “My life story and my definition of success” (250-300 words).
- Essay on “Why am I an ideal candidate for this program” (250-300 words).
- Two academic and/or professional references. NOTE: references are people who have worked with you in a professional or academic environment, and should not be friends or family members.
Applications open 30th Jan 2019
Applications close* 31st Mar 2019
Last date for all offers** 20th April 2019
Boot camp start date mid-May 2019
Internship start date On or after 1st July 2019
* Offers will be made on a rolling basis.
** Date of acceptance of offers will be within 2 weeks of receipt.
For More Information: