Application Deadline: 17:00 BST on Wednesday, 30 September 2015.
Chatham House is pleased to invite applicants for the Academy Asia Senior Fellowship in the Queen Elizabeth II Academy for Leadership in International Affairs at Chatham House.
The Academy Asia Senior Fellowship is open to established leaders and practitioners from Afghanistan, Australia, the People’s Republic of China, India, Indonesia, Japan, Nepal, Pakistan and South Korea.
The fellowship offers an opportunity to further develop an understanding of, and approaches to, addressing the political, economic and social issues facing Asia and the world.
Candidates can be drawn from sectors ranging from academia to NGOs, business, government or the media. Fellows will be based at Chatham House in London, one of the world’s leading international affairs institutes.
The fellowship will begin in February 2016 and will last six months.
documents should be completed and emailed to AcademyAsiaFellowship@chathamhouse.org by 17:00 BST on Wednesday, 30 September 2015.
There are nine research themes for the 2016 Academy Asia Senior Fellowship.
The parameters for the research themes have been designed in broad terms to allow applicants to devise a project that appeals to their own research interests.
Applicants may propose a research project that fits within any of the topics outlined below.
- Topic 1: The Future Role of the United States in Asia (hosted by the US Project)
- Topic 2: China and the Future of the International Legal Order (hosted by the International Law Programme)
- Topic 3: Global Health and its Role in the Asian Migrant Crisis (hosted by the Centre on Global Health Security)
- Topic 4: The Impact on Health Service Delivery of the 2015 Nepal Earthquake (hosted by the Centre on Global Health Security)
- Topic 5: Indonesia and ASEAN – Where To From Here? (hosted by the Asia Programme)
- Topic 6: Resource Security and China’s Future Development Model (hosted by the Energy, Environment, and Resources Department)
- Topic 7: China’s Role in the Global Forest Sector (hosted by the Energy, Environment, and Resources Department)
- Topic 8: Possibilities for Europe–China Cooperation on International Security (hosted by the International Security Department)
- Topic 9: Security of Outer Space Systems (hosted by the International Security Department)
How to Apply:
- To apply, please refer to the information pack and application form which can be downloaded below.
- The application form and accompanying documents should be completed and emailed to AcademyAsiaFellowship@chathamhouse.org by 17:00 BST on Wednesday, 30 September 2015. –