Chevening Gurukul Leadership Fellowship Programme 2017 for Young Indians to study in the United Kingdom.
Application Deadline: 27 March 2017
The Chevening Gurukul Leadership Programme is the UK Foreign and Commonwealth Office’s flagship fellowship for India and has run for more than 20 years. The fellowship is aimed at young high-flyers and mid-career professionals from diverse backgrounds with a strong and demonstrable leadership potential.
The fellowship addresses issues faced by leaders in all fields and explores changing ideas and practices of leadership, looking at the implications of globalisation for Indian leaders. In September 2017, the University of Oxford with the Department of Politics and International Relations will commence running the 12-week Gurukul Leadership Programme.
The Chevening Gurukul Leadership Programme at the University of Oxford starts from the premise that as an economic powerhouse of the global economy, a growing leader in science and technology, and the world’s largest democracy, India is in a pivotal position to drive forward an effective and legitimate institutional international order to meet the emerging challenges to global integration.
Every year twelve selected Gurukul Fellows will be offered an intensive, twelve-week residential course at the Department of Politics and International Relations (DPIR) at the University of Oxford to study and address these challenges through three fundamental and interlocking components focussing on academic understanding, policy relevance and personal development.
Gurukul Fellows will be exposed to current issues and themes impacting global leadership, including:
- Economics of global integration: growth, trade, regulation and deregulation
- The role of science and technology: climate change, the internet, technological interconnectedness, cyber security
- International governance and government of the nation-state: the UN, WTO and trade agreements, the European Union and Brexit
- Social challenges of and to global integration: migration, refugees, inequality and intolerance
- The new politics of support and opposition to global integration: nationalism and internationalism, security and conflict
- Personal development and leadership skills
For More Information:
Visit the Official Webpage of the Chevening Gurukul Leadership Fellowship Programme