Application Deadline: FEBRUARY 16, 2018
To promote Indigenous voices and issues in the media, The Canadian Journalism Foundation (CJF), together with CBC News, is now accepting applications to its CJF-CBC Indigenous Journalism Fellowships program.
This annual award provides a unique opportunity to two early-career Indigenous journalists, with one-to-10 years’ experience, to explore Indigenous issues while being hosted for one month at the CBC’s Indigenous Unit in Winnipeg.
The CJF-CBC Indigenous Journalism Fellowships are offered to two Indigenous journalists with one to ten years of experience. The award aims to foster better comprehension of Indigenous issues in Canada’s major media and community outlets.
Applications will be welcomed from Indigenous journalists who, for one to ten years, have been employed by, are under contract to, or are freelancing on the news and editorial side of regularly published newspapers and periodicals, television, radio, or online sites.
Successful applicants will:
• Spend one month (June, September or October, 2018) with CBC News at its Indigenous centre in Winnipeg (www.cbc.ca/news/indigenous).
• Have a training stipend of $3,000, all associated travel and accommodation, a per diem for meals and other reasonable expenses, provided by The Canadian Journalism Foundation.
• Be recognized at the CJF Awards on June 14, 2018 in Toronto.
• Write or produce an article/piece or series upon completion of their fellowship opportunity, which will be considered for publication or broadcast by CBC News.
How to Apply
- Submit a detailed proposal of no more than two pages outlining how you would like to use this opportunity to expand knowledge of a key Indigenous issue.
- Provide links to two examples of your work.
- Include your resume.
- Include at least one letter of recommendation from a relevant employer.
The recipient will be selected by a jury. All arrangements for the award assignment will be made in consultation with award winners.
APPLY USING THE ONLINE FORM
For information, contact:
The Canadian Journalism Foundation
For More Information: