Applicants to the Clara Lionel Foundation Global Scholarship Program must be:
- a citizen or native of Brazil, Barbados, Cuba, Haiti, Grenada, Guyana, or Jamaica.
*Applicants must have been born in one of these countries. If selected as a finalist, you will need to provide a copy of your birth certificate.
- eligible to study in the United States and been accepted to an accredited four-year college or university located in the United States.
*As part of your application, you will need to upload a copy of your acceptance letter.
- a first time college freshmen (with fewer than 12 college credits unless those credits were earned in high school) planning to enroll in full-time undergraduate study at an accredited four-year college or university for the entire 2016-2017 academic year.
- eligible to receive funding per the Office of Foreign Assets Control.
No employee or consultant of the Clara Lionel Foundation (CLF) or Roc Nation, LLC, or any family member of such employee or consultant, is eligible to apply. No officer or director of the CLF, member of the Selection Committee, employee, consultant or family member of any officer, director, or member of the Selection Committee, is eligible to apply.
- Start by clicking Register to Apply at the bottom of this page. You will need to read and agree to a consent statement, supply a unique and valid email address, and create a username and password.
- Correspondence throughout the application process will be by email. Email messages will be sent to the username and email address registered when you created your account. Students failing to use a valid active email account that will accommodate bulk mail may not receive consideration. Be sure to add email@example.com to your contacts or address book and check your email regularly!
- Complete the application by entering data in the format described. Proper punctuation and standard capitalization (Jill Smith, 10 Main Street, New York, NY) must be used.
- During the application process, you may leave the site prior to submission by clicking on the Save and Log out link located on each application page. To return to the application, you must login using your username and password.
- Applications are evaluated on the information supplied; therefore answer all questions as completely as possible.
- Applications and all required documents must be submitted electronically by the deadline in order for your application to be processed.
- Once all application requirements are satisfied, the Lock and Submit button will be available to you near the bottom of the Review Application page.
- Carefully review your application before clicking the Lock and Submit button. Once submitted, you will no longer have access to your application.
- It is recommended that you print a hard copy of your application for your records.
- You will receive an email acknowledgment of your submitted application.
As part of your application, you must upload the following documents to Scholarship Management Services by June 10, 2016:
- A current, complete transcript of grades. Grade reports are not accepted. Unofficial transcripts must display student name, school name, grades and credit hours for each course and term in which each course was taken.
- A completed Applicant Appraisal Form (click to view and print the form).
- A copy of the acceptance letter from the accredited four-year college or university you will be attending in the United States.
Your application is not complete unless all required documents are submitted electronically.
Your application must be submitted by June 10, 2016 by 1:00 p.m. Central Daylight Time.
For More Information: