Application Deadline: 20 August 2017.
Are you a journalist reporting on climate, energy or environmental issues for a major media outlet in Bulgaria, Croatia, Czech Republic, Estonia, Hungary, Latvia, Lithuania, Poland, Romania, Slovakia or Slovenia?
- Step behind the scenes and take this opportunity to meet the people involved in the country’s switch to a low-carbon economy, widely known as the Energiewende.
- Explore pioneering flagship projects and gather information on the opportunities and obstacles the country has experienced so far.
- Take this chance to gain exclusive insights into Germany’s “climate policy transformation in action” in the run-up to COP23 in Bonn.
- Meet and discuss current topics in climate and energy politics with journalists from Germany and other European countries.
The Media Study Tours are open to journalists from Central and Eastern Europe who have an interest or track-record in reporting on energy, climate and environmental topics, and who comply with the following eligibility criteria:
- Complete set of application documents submitted before the deadline (online application form, CV)
- Currently working as a journalist or in a comparable field (journalism, (social) media, broadcasting) for an established news medium with a verifiable public reach in one of the following countries:
Bulgaria, Croatia, Czech Republic, Estonia, Hungary, Latvia, Lithuania, Poland, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia
- Professional track record or proven interest in climate action and energy policies (writing samples, preferably accessible via web links, are an asset)
- English language skills
- Regular internet access
To apply, please fill out the application form below and upload your CV before 20 August 2017.
Participation in the study tours is free of charge (read more)
Please note that the form requires you to include some references and a motivation letter. We will contact you as soon as possible to let you know whether your application has been successful.
For More Information: