Application Deadline: Aug. 21 2017 at 11:59 p.m. ET
Digital journalists from diverse backgrounds with experience reporting for mobile and social platforms are encouraged to apply for the CNN Diversity Fellowship at ONA17. Four winners will receive an all-expenses-paid trip to the ONA conference in Washington, D.C., Oct. 5-7. For the third year, this opportunity is supported by CNN.
Applicants should have:
- A passion for creative storytelling on mobile and social platforms
- Experience with producing and/or curating content for mobile web and apps
- Deep knowledge of the news mobile and social space
- Understanding of how to build community around content and topics through listening, participation and interaction
- Complimentary registration for the 2017 Online News Association Conference in Washington, D.C.
- Roundtrip economy-class airfare to ONA17
- Four nights’ lodging at the Marriott Wardman Park
- Some meals included within conference registration.
Scholarship winners will also participate in one-on-one networking and mentoring events throughout the conference.
Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications will be open to journalists of diverse backgrounds, inclusive of race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, age and gender.
- Your resume
- A photo of yourself
- A 1-minute mobile video, telling us about yourself and how you envision the future of storytelling on mobile and social platforms. You’ll need a link to the video to paste in the form here.
- Aug. 8: CNN Diversity fellowships announced
- Aug. 21 at 11:59 p.m. ET – Applications due
- Sept.: Fellows announced
For More Information: