Application Deadline: Midday, 20th December 2017
From November 2017, Comic Relief with Paul Hamlyn Foundation is launching another UK Tech for Good funding programme. This will fund up to 12 digital projects each with grants of up to £47,000. We know that digital development requires distinct working practices and for this reason we have adapted our model of funding to also provide an intensive package of support for grantees. The projects will last for nine months and will include:
- A two month soft development phase (July-Aug 2018)
- An intense four month hard development phase (Sept-Dec 2018)
- A three month launch phase (Jan-Mar 2019)
Projects must address one of our four programme areas: Empowering Women and Girls, Investing in Children and Young People, Building Stronger Communities or Improving Health and Wellbeing.
This is the third Tech for Good programme run by Comic Relief. We know funders have a vital role to enable charities to engage with digital, and to increase the range of digital products and services available to their beneficiaries.
This programme aims to provide the opportunity for not-for-profit organisations, who already have some technological capacity, to take their digital innovation projects forward. We are looking to fund teams to make a significant digital step forward within nine months.
A wide range of digital interventions will be considered and our aim is to fund projects that:
- Are focused on specific user needs in their design, delivery and development
- Make best use of web, mobile or internet based technologies
- Can scale effectively and offer economies of scale
- Disrupt and challenge existing ways of delivering services
- Are sharable with other parts of the not-for-profit sector
Proposals to this initiative must meet Comic Relief’s general eligibility requirements (see our policies).
- Applicants must be based in the UK
- Applicants should have a tech development partner on board at the time of application
- Organisations with an existing Comic Relief grant can apply as can holders of a previous Tech for Good grant
- Organisations can submit more than one proposal to the initiative and tech development partners can be associated with more than one bid
- All applicants must identify a project sponsor at senior level i.e. CEO
- The work to be delivered must take place in the UK
- Grants are available for between £15,000 and £47,000
- The maximum project duration is 9 months
Types of Grants
- Attend a bootcamp in July/Aug 2018
- Present their new digital product/service at a public wrap-up event in January 2019
- Actively take part in regular online (and possibly face to face) meet-ups
- Fully engage with their grant manager, any external support they are provided with and the programme evaluators
For More Information: