Application Deadline: 31st January 2017.
Are you a UK teacher looking for professional and personal development?
Are you interested in a post-to-post exchange with Canada or Australia?
Applications for 2017-2018 are now open!
The Commonwealth Teacher Exchange Programme (CTEP) is a great opportunity for teachers to develop professionally and personally, by experiencing life in another education system and culture. For the academic years 2016-17, the two countries on the programme are Australia and Canada.
The Commonwealth Teacher Exchange Programme (CTEP) has been running for 100 years, initiated by the League for the Exchange of Commonwealth Teachers (LECT). It is now being managed by The Royal Commonwealth Society through its subsidiary charity, the Commonwealth Youth Exchange Council (CYEC), an RCS education and development charity and an accredited Commonwealth Association. CTEP, administered by the RCS/CYEC, is recognised by the UK Government for allocation of Tier 5 visas to enable exchange counterparts to work in UK, and similar arrangements exist for UK teachers to obtain visas to work in Canada and Australia on a reciprocal post-to-post exchange basis. RCS/CYEC has a co-management partnership with most of the state/province education jurisdictions, or their agents, in Canada and Australia in order to run this professional interchange programme.
You need to:
- have a minimum of five years teaching experience, inclusive of the probationary teaching year
- hold QTS / a degree plus PGCE certificate / B.Ed.
- be able to demonstrate the professional, academic and legal requirements set by the host education jurisdiction
- have an excellent professional record backed up by full references
- be prepared to adapt to a varied teaching context and potentially challenging situations
- commit to making the exchange year a success and bringing your learning back to your UK institution
- commit to the full agreed exchange period (normally one year, but shorter periods can be negotiated)
- provide suitable accommodation for your exchange partner, usually your own home, although alternative rented accommodation may be arranged. Both participants must have sole occupancy of accommodation.
To apply, please complete the application form. Please ensure you have thoroughly read and followed the guidance notes before submitting your application. Missing, incomplete or inaccurate information will cause delays to the application process.
For More Information: