Application Deadline: 15th July 2015
The 10th District Young Women’s Leadership Academy provides young women enrolled in high school or college the opportunity to develop leadership skills, learn more about the legislative process, meet and interact with inspiring female leaders and explore career opportunities.
This bipartisan program is designed to teach young women about leadership by giving them the opportunity to learn from and interact with women in leadership positions in government, education, business and more! Through this unique program, participants can engage with their peers and special guests in candid, roundtable discussions while sharing insights, advice and stories.
Applications are currently being accepted for the Fall Semester, which will run from August to November. There will be periodic events around the 10th District and greater Chicagoland area. In addition to meeting with inspiring female leaders, program participants will also have the opportunity to participate in educational and informational seminars, as well as develop policy proposals for Congressman Dold.
- Young women who are currently enrolled in high school or college (public, private or home schooled) and are residents and/or attend school in the 10th Congressional District are eligible for the program.
- Applicants will be selected on the quality of their application, their willingness to commit to the Academy, as well as their demonstrated desire to learn and grow!
- Participants are asked to attend a majority of the programs offered to fully benefit from this program.
- The Fall Semester will begin in August 2015 and will continue through November 2015. Participants should expect to attend a few events each month during the duration of the program.
- Please note that particpants must be able to attend programs throughout Fall Semester, so students attending college outside the district who are unable to travel to the district for events should not apply for Fall Semester.
- The 10th District Young Women’s Leadership Academy strives to inspire the next generation of female leaders to bring their intelligence, drive and solutions to whatever their future may hold.
- To apply, complete the below application no later than July 15th.
- Applicants will be notified by August 1st if they have been selected to participate.
For More Information: