Application Deadline- April 30, 2018
The Master Builders Association of King and Snohomish Counties is committed to encouraging students seeking education related to the home building industry. We are honored to award MBA scholarships for qualifying technical, community college, and university-level programs in addition to the Professional Women in Building scholarship, which awards scholarship dollars to women seeking education/training in the construction trade. Since 2015, we’ve had the honor to award $60,000 in scholarship funds.
Funds awarded will be paid directly to the program requested and may be used for tuition, books, or course-required supplies and equipment.
The application period for the Construction Education Scholarship Program is usually mid-February through April of each year.
- Applicant must desire a career in the residential construction industry after completing their studies.
- Applicant must be pursuing a degree or training in a construction-related field at a Washington-based technical school, community college, or university.
- Completed and signed application
- Current university or college transcript (unofficial copy is acceptable)
- Two recommendations:
- Photograph of yourself in sealed envelope with short biography. Photo envelopes will only be opened if you are selected and will be used solely for media purposes. Photos will not be returned.
- Scholarships will be awarded at partial or full tuition per student per year.
- Applications will be reviewed and recipients selected by Master Builders Association committee and/or the Professional Women in Building Council. Applicant’s interest in residential construction industry, grades, employment experience, extracurricular activities, references, and financial need will be considered.
- Checks will be sent directly to the designated school on behalf of the scholarship recipient.
- Recipient is required to send a written acknowledgment of the scholarship award to the Master Builders Association within 30 days of notification or offer is null and void.
- Recipient will be required to sign an agreement indicating they will be responsible for keeping the Master Builders Association up to date on address, phone number, email, and name of employer upon graduation.
For More Information: