Internship Period:6 months
Bursary:£15,000 (pro rata)
Application Deadline:May 19, 2016
Start Date:May 2016
If you’re an intelligent, politically-aware graduate who is looking to take your first steps into the world of corporate PR, we have the perfect opportunity to intern with Southbank Centre.
Southbank Centre is a world-famous arts centre on the South Bank of the Thames. Created in 1951 for the Festival of Britain, Southbank Centre draws on its heritage as a festival site, with art and activities inside and outside. They encourage everyone to become involved in the arts in new and creative ways and offer a wide range of cultural events throughout the year in music, dance, art, performance and spoken word.
Southbank Centre’s Corporate Communications department are currently looking for a bright intern to join their team.
During this six-month internship the chosen candidate will receive training on how to identify and monitor media developments and opportunities. Here they will learn how to undertake stakeholder research to build up a comprehensive picture of Southbank Centre’s key stakeholders’ needs and priorities.
The successful intern will also learn how to research political developments and arts policy discussions. As the internship progresses, the trainee will be given the opportunity to co-ordinate events and they will receive training on how to draft corporate communication content.
This internship would suit a politically-savvy graduate with a passion for the Arts.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
• Advanced research skills (e.g. how to research, brief and analyse key external developments)
• Event co-ordination skills
• How to use software commonly used in the creative industries such as Artifax
• Copywriting skills (e.g. how to draft corporate communications content)
• Corporate PR skills (e.g how to monitor news and social media, how to identify and analyse reputational risks)
• How to research and identify appropriate stakeholders
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, EXPERIENCE
• Must have some political awareness
• An interest in the news agenda and some knowledge of media channels
• Passion for the Arts
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Previous experience of researching and analysing information on a given topic is essential
• Ability to take initiative and take a creative approach when troubleshooting
• Strong IT skills and good knowledge of social media channels (e.g. Twitter, Facebook, MS packages)
For More Information: