Application Deadline: October 20 2014
The Arts Council of New Zealand is offering funding to support the commissioning of New Zealand work to be presented in both New Zealand and in Asia.
- The amount/offer for this funding opportunity is $750,000 total funding over 3 years
This targeted fund will support the commissioning of new work with New Zealand and Asian partners for national and international presentation, which must occur before July 2017.
Ensuring that there is reciprocity built into the initiative, the Asia/New Zealand Co-commissioning Fund will consider supporting artist fees for Asian artists and practitioners working in collaboration with New Zealand artists.
Presentation costs – in other words, anything to do with presenting the work (e.g. venue hire or marketing costs) – are not eligible for support. It is expected that the presenting partners and/or other income will support the presentation of the work.
The fund specifically supports new work costs. Eligible costs includes
- artists’ fees
- research and development, including travel costs
All applications for support must meet these basic criteria:
- You must be a New Zealand citizen or permanent resident, if you are applying as an individual.
- You must have a track record of experience and success in your particular artform or cultural practice
- Your project or activities must directly benefit New Zealand arts, artists or practitioners.
- The work should be suitable for domestic and international audiences and presented by July 2017.
- Applicants must have presenting partners in New Zealand and in at least one of the following territories: China, Japan, Korea, Hong Kong, Taiwan or Singapore.
- Priority will be given to projects where the presenting partners are also investing in the development of the new work.
- Proposal deadline – Monday 20 October 2014
- Decision advised – Friday 21 November 2014
- Proposal deadline – Monday 18 May 2015
- Decision advised – Friday 19 June 2015