Ready to make the journey? Volunteer abroad and work alongside people who are changing their lives and communities through the International Youth Internship Program (IYIP) with support from Global Affairs Canada.
Share your skills and perspective with our international partners and gain the experience you need to launch a successful career with 6 month placements.
Apply for volunteer opportunities like:
- Laos – develop IT training programs and build skills of key staff
- Peru – create a communications plan to target young job seekers and entrepreneurs
- Nicaragua – create a community tourism strategy that includes gender equity in rural tourism
- Cameroon – support rural microenterprises in accessing markets and finance
Do you have?
- A post-secondary degree or diploma
- Patience, perseverance and the ability to multi-task
- Strong set of soft skills critical to a volunteer’s success overseas: flexibility and adaptability, the ability to work with others, and cultural sensitivity
To qualify you must:
- Be between the age of 19 and 30 at the time of final selection
- Be a Canadian citizen or permanent resident
- Not have previously participated in IYIP
- A comprehensive pre-deployment training program, in-country orientation and reintegration support services
- A monthly allowance that will allow you to enjoy a modest but healthy lifestyle
- Coverage for placement related costs, including airfare, accommodation, medical costs and insurance
How do I apply?
View current placements and apply online here.
Please allow 2-4 months from your date of application to the time you’d like to go overseas.
For More Information: