Commonwealth Youth Gender and Equality Network (CYGEN) Gender Equality Future Advocates Training 2018
Application Deadline: 5pm on Tuesday 29th May 2018.
Discriminatory gender norms are a central underpinning factor affecting the lives of young people in the Commonwealth today. Diverse issues from discrimination in employment, to sexual violence, to child marriage are all products of deep-rooted gender inequality. Although young people have often been victims of gender-based discrimination they are also well placed to combat these problems and build equality.
The aim of CYGEN is to build a network of young people from across the Commonwealth who can collaborate and share good practice in their work. Youth voices on gender issues are not represented in formal Commonwealth youth structures, and this is a vacuum which urgently needs to be filled in order to create a more robust network of advocates, who can effectively push for policy change at local, national, regional and international levels.
Gender Equality Future Advocates Training 2018
The Royal Commonwealth Society is seeking applicants from the Commonwealth Asia-Pacific Region to participate in a five-day residential training course in Colombo, Sri Lanka from 16th – 20th July 2018 (tbc).
- Applicants must be 18 – 25 years old and able to demonstrate some prior experience of working on gender equality issues, either in youth, community or workplace settings, through social action projects or studies.
- Applicants must be resident in one of the following Commonwealth countries: Bangladesh, Brunei Darussalam, India, Malaysia, Pakistan, Sri Lanka, Singapore, Australia, Fiji, Papua New Guinea, New Zealand, Kiribati, Nauru, Samoa, Solomon Islands, Tonga, Tuvalu and Vanuatu.
- Travel and accommodation costs will be covered for successful applicants
- The Royal Commonwealth Society is grateful for the support of DFAT Australia.
- Completed application forms should be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org by 5pm on Tuesday 29th May 2018.
- Applicants will be contacted by Friday 8th June.
For More Information: