Application Deadline: July 4th 2016
The Government of National Capital Territory of Delhi (GNCTD), led by the Honourable Chief Minister Shri Arvind Kejriwal, has an ambitious mission to reform governance and transform the quality of life of all residents of Delhi in the next 5 years.
The Delhi Chief Minister’s Urban Leadership Fellows (CMULF) program is a GNCTD initiative that provides unique opportunity to young leaders across India to work within the State government to address some of the most pressing urban challenges in India, and experience what “making change happen” looks like. The Fellowship aims to attract outstanding young men and women from across the country, under the age of 35 years, who are passionate about public service and are willing to work in GNCTD for one or two years.
The Fellowship Program will last for one or two years, and will consist of the following components:
Induction: Selected fellows will undergo a structured induction Program over the first one month, consisting of two phases:
- Training (1 week): Fellows will be trained on government processes and functioning, effective communication, leadership and conflict resolution, project ownership, working with communities, monitoring and evaluation etc. through lectures and interactive sessions with senior officials/ministers of the Delhi government, and subject matter experts from academia and civil society.
- Field immersion (2-3 weeks): Fellows will spend focused time on the field experiencing the day-to-day functioning of the departments they have been assigned to and forming their own impressions of the field-level challenges, and possible solutions. They will prepare a policy note summarizing their analysis of the challenges, and recommendations.
- Candidates must be 21-35 years old at the time of applying.
- Candidates must have a Bachelor’s degree in any academic discipline.
- Candidates must have excellent communication skills, both writing and presenting
- Candidates must be proficient in reading, writing and speaking both Hindi and English, as their work would require analyzing government documents, guidelines, and circulars in both languages.
- Candidates must demonstrate advanced analytical skills, problem-solving abilities, experience of working in teams, and ability to work with diverse stakeholders.
- Candidates must be Indian citizens or hold a PIO/OCI status.
- Candidates with superior academic performance will be given extra weightage.
- Candidates with prior work experience in public service and development sector, especially governments, will be preferred.
- Candidates with Advanced degrees (Masters and above) may be preferred for certain positions.
- Demonstration of outstanding achievements and leadership potential
The Delhi Chief Minster’s Urban Leaders Fellowship Program would provide competitive remuneration given the length of commitment and cost of living in Delhi. Fellows will be entitled to a remuneration of UPTO Rs. 1,25,000 per month depending on their academic, professional and work experience. The fellows would also be provided a laptop / desktop computer to work on.
The selection process of the Fellowship Program will consist of two rounds:
- Online Application: The first round of shortlisting will be done based on academic and professional qualifications of the applicants, and their responses to personal statement questions in the online application. Candidates will be evaluated on criteria such as leadership qualities, achievement orientation and motivation. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for the final round.
- Interview: The final round will consist of a face-to-face interview with a panel comprising officials from the GNCTD and external experts. Candidates will be interviewed in-person in Delhi. However, in exceptional cases, video conferencing may be provided as an option but only in rarest cases.
|4th July, 2016||Online Applications Close|
|11th July, 2016||Announcement of Shortlist for Interviews|
|22nd July-31st July, 2016||Interviews|
|7th August, 2016||Announcement of Final List|
|16th August, 2016||Final Date for Candidates to Accept Offers|
|1st September, 2016||2016 Fellowship Program begins|
For More Information: