Application Deadline: 26 March 2017
DFAT are extremely committed to the recruitment, development and retention of graduate trainees. The aim of the program is to attract, develop and retain high potential employees to be the future leaders of the agency. We offer two graduate streams; a Policy Stream and a Corporate Management Stream.
- Applicants must be Australian Citizens at the time of application and must have finished at least a three-year bachelor degree by 31 December 2017.
- If you only hold a qualification from an institution based overseas, your application will only be accepted if Australian documentation recognizing your qualification is submitted with your initial application.
As a dynamic agency working in a complex environment, the agency is looking for graduates from varied backgrounds.
We are looking for graduates with high-level analytical and communication skills; people who are adept at working in teams. Practical, results-oriented people who are able to work under pressure, occasionally in difficult environments, meet tight deadlines, and who are pro-active in getting out and about and making contacts.
We are looking for graduates with a strong record of academic achievement, as well as extra-curricular activities in whatever form that might take, be that paid work supporting yourself through university, involvement in community groups and events, or a range of other activities. We are looking for graduates who have a genuine interest in international issues and understand the contribution Australia can make internationally.
Successful applicants will have a strong record of academic achievement combined with work experience, volunteer work and extra-curricular achievements.
The agency is looking for graduates who are:
- talented and highly motivated
- good communicators
- strategic thinkers and practical problem solvers
- team players, flexible, adaptable and resourceful
- sensitive to, and appreciative of, difference and diversity.
- Flexible working hours
- Annual recreation leave
- Cumulative personal/sick leave
- A comprehensive superannuation scheme
- Long service leave
For More Information: