Application Deadline: 1 August 2016
- “Fashion Fusion Challenge” seeks visionary concepts that combine fashion and high-tech
- Intel, WIRED, Adidas and #FASHIONTECH are supporting the initiative
- Fashion Fusion builds on Deutsche Telekom’s innovation strategy
High-tech and fashion are converging to create smart apparel – against this backdrop, Deutsche Telekom has launched its “Fashion Fusion” initiative. Encouraging innovative ideas for the fashion of tomorrow is part of its plans to become a digital lifestyle brand. Teaming with renowned partners, Deutsche Telekom starts the “Fashion Fusion Challenge”: in an international competition, young talents throughout Europe will have the unique opportunity to draw upon the aid of experts from industry, the fashion sector and the startup scene to realize their visionary concepts for high-tech apparel, wearables and digital lifestyle products and bring them to market.
Fashion Fusion is an ideas competition aimed at encouraging creative minds from fashion and technology to team up, engage and challenge the fashion status quo with groundbreaking concepts.
Be part of the Fashion Fusion Challenge by applying with your idea or concept – individually or as a team. Selected talents will have the opportunity to further develop their submitted projects with professional equipment and the support of our experienced coaches in the Fashion Fusion Lab.
The Fashion Fusion Challenge is an ideas competition sponsored by Deutsche Telekom, in which our goal is to encourage creative minds from fashion and technology to collaborate, take on and tear down the fashion status quo with groundbreaking concepts.
With our coaches, who are renowned specialists from the nexus of cutting-edge fashion and technology, we empower finalists to develop quality prototypes of their concepts in the Fashion Fusion Lab in Berlin, before presenting them at an exclusive awards show during the Berlin Fashion Week. A jury of top-class industry representatives then selects the winners.
- The grand-prize winner receives a cash prize and the opportunity to develop their concept to marketability in collaboration with us and our partners. The second- and third-place finishers will also receive prize money.
- At the conclusion of the workshop, each of the finalists will be able to showcase their concepts at an awards show in Berlin. Travel to the event, board and lodging will be provided, as will accommodation during the challenge.
- At the awards show, the jury will award three prizes.
- The winning team will receive a €20,000 cash prize. The second- and third-place finishers will receive €10,000 and €5,000 respectively.
- Moreover, the winners will have access to the Fashion Fusion Network including hub:raum, partners as well as tech and fashion professionals, and they might also have the opportunity to develop their concept until it is ready for market.
31 May 2016
Start of the application process in which ideas/concepts are submitted.
29 June 2016
PR and panel event at Berlin Fashion Week as part of Fashiontech Berlin.
1 August 2016
Deadline for submitting applications.
2–15 August 2016
Evaluation of submitted ideas and concepts.
Jury session – part 1: Jurors individually inspect and evaluate the ideas and concepts submitted. Draw up a shortlist.
15 August 2016
Jury session – part 2: Discuss shortlist. Decide on the ten best submissions to become the ten finalists in Fashion Fusion Challenge.
16 August 2016
The jury announces the best ideas/concepts submitted by applicants.
Up to ten finalists are invited to the Fashion Fusion Lab in Berlin.
2–3 September 2016
Fashion Fusion kick-off event
Fashion Fusion Lab in Berlin: The final concepts are developed by the individuals/teams with the assistance of the coaches and partners until they are ready to present to the public.
Awards show involving the ten developed final concepts at the Berlin Fashion Week as part of Fashiontech Berlin. Overall winners selected and awarded by the jury.
For More Information: