Submission Deadline: 28 September 2015
Photon – Centre for Contemporary Photography announces an open call for young and emerging artists from SEE region working in the field of contemporary photography:
DIFFERENT WORLDS – Young Contemporary Photography
Young Contemporary Photography is an initiative that encourages, evaluates and promotes developments of young, non-yet-established, and emerging generations of artists and photographers, up to 35 years of age. In its third edition the contest entitled Different Worlds follows the idea of “creativity and diversity”.
Therefore we call upon all interested artists who meet the conditions of the contest to apply and take part at the group exhibition in Ljubljana.
- Artists will be selected by an independent and international jury: Miha Colner (Photon – Centre for Contemporary Photography, Ljubljana), Susanne Gamauf (Fotogalerie Wien, Vienna) and Gabriella Uhl (freelance curator, Budapest).
- The contest is open to artists up to 35 years of age (including those born in 1980) who live and work in the states of Western Balkans / former Yugoslavia (Slovenia, Croatia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Serbia, Montenegro, Kosovo, Macedonia) or who come from these states and live and work abroad, i.e.:
– students and graduates of the art, photography or any other academies;
– artists who don’t have formal education and are active in this field;
- The contest does not have prescribed theme. Works that fall into the wide range of photographic and with photography associated practices (such as photography, photo-montage, photo-collage, photo-installation, appropriation of found photographs, etc.)
The application must contain:
– portfolio of maximum two completed or ongoing projects / series of photographs (each containing up to 20 images) – in PDF or JPG format;
– project description(s) in English language up to 1500 characters;
– biography of the applicant;
– additional technical specifications; formats and dimensions of works, optimal presentation within the exhibition format, etc. (when applicable);
Each artist / photographer can apply maximum two separate projects to the contest.
- Selected artists will be displayed at the group exhibition at Kino Šiška and Photon – Centre for Contemporary Photography. The exhibition will be accompanied with a small catalogue and extensive side programme.
The works selected for the exhibition could be entirely or partially produced at in Ljubljana.
The jury will select ten artists who will be displayed at the exhibition in Ljubljana, and among them three laureates whose works will be extensively presented at Photon, while the rest of the artist will be presented at the group show at Kamera Gallery, Kino Šiška (just across the square).
The laureates will receive practical awards.
- The applicants shall submit their applications until 28 September 2015 to the following address:
email@example.com or postal address Photon – Center za sodobno fotografijo, Trg prekomorskih brigad 1, 1000 Ljubljana, with the postscript „open call“.
The applicants will be informed about the results by 10 October 2015!
The exhibition at Photon – Centre for Contemporary Photography and Kino Šiška will take place from 30 November to 11 December 2015!
For More Information: