Application Deadline- Tuesday 11 December at 12:00 (CET)
Are you 18 years old? Are you up for an adventure? If yes, get ready to explore Europe by joining DiscoverEU, a European Union initiative giving young people the opportunity to travel around Europe.
100 480 young citizens applied during the first application round in June 2018 and at least 15 000 young people were awarded the travel passes. Check the DiscoverEU factsheet to read more about the initiative and the experiences of some of our young DiscoverEU travellers.
During the second application round, which will take place from Thursday 29 November at 12:00 (CET) to Tuesday 11 December at 12:00 (CET), at least 12 000 young people will be given the opportunity to travel across Europe.
For the most part you will be travelling by rail, allowing you to take in the endless variety of towns and stunning landscapes that our continent has to offer.
To ensure access to European citizens across the continent, the travel pass will also offer alternatives such as buses or ferries. In exceptional cases, and when no other transport means are available, travel by plane will be permitted. This will ensure that young people living in remote areas or on islands also have a chance to take part.
Europe’s cultural heritage comes in many shapes and forms. Visit the European Capital of Culture for example (do you know which two cities are the European Capitals of Culture in 2018?). You could go to one of the many festivals or arts performances. Or maybe you prefer wandering around museums or going on a trip to a natural park? There is so much to discover!
You can only apply if you:
- are 18 years old on 31 December 2018, i.e. those young people born between 1 January 2000 (included) and 31 December 2000 (included);
- have the nationality of one of the Member States of the European Union at the time of the award decision (to be expected by mid-January 2019);
- fill in your correct ID or passport number on the online application form;
If awarded, you can only travel if you:
- start your journey in a country which is a Member State of the European Union at the time of the award decision;
- plan to travel between 1 day and up to one month;
- plan to travel between 15 April 2019 (first departure date) and 31 October 2019 (last return date);
- plan to travel to at least one foreign country which is a Member State of the European Union at the time of the award decision;
- are willing to become a DiscoverEU Ambassador.
For More Information: