Application Deadline: 26 June 2018 at 12:00 (CEST).
Are you 18 years old? Are you up for an adventure? If yes, get ready to explore Europe by joining DiscoverEU, an initiative of the European Union allowing around 15,000 young people to receive a travel pass for this summer.
Seize this chance to experience freedom of movement, understand better Europe’s diversity, enjoy its cultural richness, make new friends and ultimately, discover yourself.
On top of it, with 2018 being the European Year of Cultural Heritage, the journey promises to be even better! Many events are taking place all over Europe to celebrate our fantastically diverse cultural heritage.
For the most part you will be travelling by rail. This means that you will be blown-away by the endless variety of towns and stunning landscapes that our continent has to offer.
To ensure a wide access across the continent, the travel pass will also offer alternatives such as buses or ferries. In exceptional cases, and when no other transport means are available, travel by plane will be permitted. This will ensure that young people living in remote areas or on islands also have a chance to take part.
You can only apply if you:
- are 18 years old on 1 July 2018 (born between 2 July 1999 and 1 July 2000 included);
- have the nationality of one of the 28 Member States of the European Union;
- fill in your ID or passport number on the online application form;
- start your journey in one of the EU 28 Member States;
- plan to start your travel between 9 July and 30 September 2018;
- plan to travel between 1 day and up to 30 days inclusive;
- plan to travel to at least 1 and up to 4 foreign country destinations within the EU;
- are willing to become a DiscoverEU Ambassador.
If you meet these criteria, then you can apply via the online registration tool.
You can apply as an individual or as a group of maximum 5 people. For groups, a group leader should be appointed. The group leader fills in the application form and participates in the quiz and tie-breaker question. S/He will receive a code when submitting the application, which s/he should then communicate to the group members to allow their registration. Based on the code provided by the group leader, the remaining group members can then register online, and fill in their personal data. All members of the group need to be 18 years old as well.
When and how to apply?
- The application round will be open online from 12 June at 12:00 (CEST) to 26 June 2018 at 12:00 (CEST). Firstly, you will need to provide your personal data and give more details about the trip you are planning to make. Secondly, you will have to answer 5 quiz questions linked to the 2018 European Year of Cultural Heritage and EU youth initiatives targeting young people.
- Finally, you will have to answer a tie-breaker question, which will allow the European Commission to rank the applicants in case there are too many applications. Once selected, participants have to start travelling between 9 July and 30 September 2018.
For More Information: