DKFZ Postdoctoral Fellowship Program 2016 for study in Germany.
Application Deadline: August 31st, 2016
The DKFZ Postdoctoral Fellowship Program is intended to recruit highly talented and motivated young scientist to the German Cancer Research Center. This program provides interdisciplinary training and research opportunities in state-of-the-art research facilities for excellent young scientists, no longer than 2 years past graduation, who wish to work at the forefront of cancer research in any of basic or translational research labs at the DKFZ.
The DKFZ is Germany’s leading Cancer Research Center situated in the biomedical campus of the Heidelberg University in close vicinity to Heidelberg’s city center. More than 2,000 staff members, including 850 scientists, are engaged in researching the mechanisms of cancer and are working to identify risk factors.
The DKFZ has strong reseach programs in the following topics:
- Cell Biology and Tumor Biology, Developmental and Stem Cell Biology
- Structural and Functional Genomics, Systems Biology
- Epidemiology, Cancer Risk Factors, Cancer Epigenomics
- Tumor Immunology
- Imaging and Radiology, Medical Physics
- Infection and Cancer, Tumor Virology
- Translational Cancer Research
Research programs are structured in 43 Research Divisions and Groups, 22 Junior Research Groups, and 9 Clinical Cooperation Units. Scientists from nearly all scientific fields – from medicine and biology to mathematics and theoretical physics – work together in interdisciplinary teams to fight against cancer.
Salaries are competitive by national standards and are negotiated and confirmed during the recruitment phase should a fellowship be offered.
A qualification equivalent to a PhD or MD is a prerequisite for all applications. Candidates should document their successful previous research endeavors with publications. The candidates should be at an early stage of their career, having held a PhD for no longer than 2 years. The fellowship is not open for internal candidates, unless they have been recruited within the previous 6 months.
The most important selection criterion is academic quality, demonstrated by outstanding publications. Other criteria that will be considered during the selection process include research prizes and awards, demonstration of mobility, sucessful application for research funding …
How to apply
German Cancer Research Center
Phone: +49 6221 423301
Fax: +49 6221 423359
The following documents should be provided as one single PDF file:
- Curriculum vitae
- Publication list
- One-page statement of reseach interests
- Copy of the latest degree certificate
- Two letters of recommendation
- A list of three division or research groups in which the applicant would like to work should a fellowship be offered. Candidates are encouraged to contact division heads and group leaders before application to discuss potential projects.
Applications need to be submitted in English.
The complete application should be submitted as a single PDF file to email@example.com.
The next deadline for applications is August 31st, 2016
For More Information: