Application Deadline: December 31, 2015.
The Summer Institute for Visual Arts at Drury University is currently seeking applications for Summer 2016 Visiting Artist Fellowships.
Established in 2007, the Summer Institute for Visual Arts (SIVA) at Drury University is dedicated to advanced research and practice in the field of contemporary visual arts. Each summer, SIVA offers four Visiting Artist Fellowships alongside a Master of Arts in Studio Art and Theory (MART) program.
Fellowships are awarded to a diverse group of international artists representing a range of practices and disciplines. During their five-week residency, each visiting artist fellow is provided housing, a private studio space, access to the university’s resources and facilities, and a substantial stipend. In turn, visiting artist fellows are mentors in the MART program.
- Applications are sought from internationally exhibiting artists who have an established body of work and notable professional experience.
- An MFA or equivalent, teaching experience and a record of exhibitions and/or other activities are required. Preference will be given to candidates possessing knowledge in historical and contemporary art issues across disciplines.
- The review committee will consider the applicant’s experience and his or her appropriateness to the Summer Institute of Visual Arts mission and curriculum, as well as quality of work and written statements.
- Each Summer Institute of Visual Arts Visiting Artist Fellow receives $4500.00 USD in compensation to manage a 5-week Visiting Artist Studio course (Monday-Thursday, 1-5pm), offer a one-day technical workshop and give a public lecture.
- Fellows additionally receive on-campus housing, a private studio and exhibition opportunities when available. Fellows are responsible for their own travel expenses and are expected to be in residence full-time.
HOW TO APPLY
- Applicants must submit a letter of interest, artist and/or teaching statement, CV, portfolio images or website (including examples of student work if possible) and the names and addresses (postal and email) of three references to the address below.
Applications must be received by December 31, 2015.
Four fellowships will be awarded in total, two for Summer Session I (June 6 – July 8, 2016) and two for Summer Session II (July 11 – August 12, 2016). Please indicate if you have preferred dates (Summer Session I or II) for your Fellowship.
All application items should be sent to:
Graduate Programs Office
900 North Benton Avenue
Springfield, MO 65802
Instructions for a Dropbox submission
- Go to www.dropbox.com
- Set up a free account with username and password
- Upload your materials
- Label your folder with your last and first name (“Smith, Jane”)
- Click the “share” link to share the materials with email@example.com
Please email Sarrita Hunn (SIVA Director) at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
For More Information: