Application Deadline: July 10th 2016
The East Asia Institute (EAI) based in Seoul, South Korea, invites applications for its Fellows Program on Peace, Governance, and Development in East Asia. The Fellows Program targets East Asia specialists with cutting-edge expertise in political science, international relations, and sociology for an international exchange program with the goal of encouraging interdisciplinary research with a comparative perspective in the study of East Asia.
The EAI Fellows present seminars and lectures, based on an unpublished article on current issues submitted solely for the purpose of the Fellows Program, at two or more Partner Institutions in East Asia.
The Program is designed to give the Fellows the flexibility required to bring out the best of their expertise in seminars and lectures. Fellows choose the subjects of their articles, seminars, and lectures within the broadly defined themes of peace, governance, and development in East Asia in order to make the visitation an integral part of their on-going research. Fellows are free to decide how they will divide their time among two or more Partner Institutions, giving a seminar and a lecture apiece at each of the sites chosen. The Partner Institutions are the East Asia Institute in Seoul, Fudan University in Shanghai, Keio University in Tokyo, National Taiwan University in Taipei, and Peking University in Beijing.
- Application is open to East Asia specialized scholars and experts from all over the world, conducting research in the fields of political science, international relations, and sociology. Ph.D or other corresponding qualification is required.
- The EAI will select five to six Fellows in 2016.
- The Selection Committee, composed of representatives of each Participating Institution plus an advisor who is a member of EAI’s international advisory board, selects awardees through a rigorous evaluation process. The Selection Committee looks for groundbreaking research.
- The program provides funds ranging from USD 6,000 to 10,000 for each of the Fellows. The grant covers an honorarium for the article, seminar, and lecture as well as the cost of ground transportation, round-trip economy-class international air flight, hotel accommodation, meals, and a per diem for a total of two-week (or three-week) stay in East Asia (see comments on the Brochure).
- For further details and instructions on how to apply, please download the Brochure available online at EAI Fellows Program or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance. All application materials must be type-written and in English.
- Applications for fellowships must be received no later than July 10, 2016.
- The results of the competition will be announced by the end of August, 2016, via e-mail and EAI’s website.