Applications Deadline: November 3, 2017!
The fifth Young Pacific Leaders Conference in Honolulu, Hawai‘i will take place January 16-18, 2018, through a partnership between the East-West Center’s Pacific Islands Development Program (PIDP) and the U.S. Department of State.
This comprehensive conference will provide emerging Pacific leaders, ages 25-35, with new skills and knowledge to advance the region’s economic vibrancy and civic engagement, thereby contributing to regional security and development. A diverse and highly selective group of 26 young men and women from across the independent Pacific states, Australia, New Zealand and the United States will be chosen to participate in the conference. In addition, six outstanding alumni of previous conferences will be invited to participate for a total of 32 Young Pacific Leaders. At the conclusion of the conference all participants will be eligible to compete for small grants to support projects in their countries and the region.. All travel, lodging and meals will be provided to selected participants. Applicants must be available to attend the full conference from Jan. 16-18, 2018.
- Be citizens of one of the eligible countries and representative of the country’s indigenous or Pacific populations
- Be between the ages of 25-35
- Have a track record of making an impact in their organization, company, or community
- Be capable of creating an action-orientated plan to address a specific problem, concern or policy challenge being faced in their country
- Cook Islands
- Federated States of Micronesia
- Marshall Islands
- New Zealand
- Papua New Guinea
- Solomon Islands
- USA (Native Hawaiian and or natives of Guam, the CNMI or American Samoa. Must be resident in Hawaii.)
If you would like more information or are having trouble filling out the online form contact us by email.
Pacific Islands Development ProgramEast-West CenterHonolulu, HI 96848-1601 USAPhone: +1.808.944.7778 – Fax: +1.808.944.7670