Application Deadline: Friday, 5th January 2018.
The ECPMF’s Journalists-in-Residence programme is designed to host journalists from across geographical Europe who face harrassment and intimidation in their home country. It provides a temporary refuge, a safe place to rest and to continue ones work and — if so desired by those being hosted — a platform to highlight threats to media freedom back home.
The ECPMF has just released a new call for applications for journalists based in the EU28 and candidate countries.
The ECPMF’s Journalists-in-Residence programme was designed as a temporary shelter for journalists from across the European Union who face harassment and intimidations as a result of their work. It provides a refuge for a limited period of time, a safe place to continue working, to rest and recover and – if individual circumstances permit – a platform to highlight threats to media freedom in the journalists’s home country
Key info at a glance
- Journalists living in an EU28 country or candidate country are eligible to apply
- Choose a timeslot, either: February to July 2018, and August 2018 to January 2019
- Command of either English, French or German is required (at least on B2 level)
- The ECPMF provides a rent-free, furnished apartment in Leipzig and a monthly grant of 1,000 EUR
- Costs are covered for travel to and from Leipzig, as well as for health insurance
The following conditions must be met:
- Proof must be provided that he or she is at risk due to his/her journalistic work
- The applicant must have worked as a paid journalist for at least five (5) years
- The applicant should not be a member of, or affiliated to, any extremist political movement
- The applicant must provide samples of published journalistic work
- Intention to return to home country or country of residence
How to Apply
To apply, please fill in the application form and attach the requested references. Send us your application via email (email@example.com) or to the postal address indicated below. All personal information will be treated as strictly confidential. The deadline to apply for both residencies is Friday, 5 January 2018. If selected, we will confirm a successful application by an official letter of invitation.
The first selected journalist will be hosted from February to July 2018, and the second from August 2018 to January 2019. The deadline to apply for both residencies is Friday, 5 January 2018.
contact Christian at firstname.lastname@example.org
European Centre for Press and Media Freedom (ECPMF)
04155 Leipzig, Germany
For More Information: