Application Deadline: Sunday, 4 January 2015 at 11 p.m. (CET)
EIUC is offering to the E.MA graduates of the past 5 years, two positions as fellows in the framework of the EIUC Fellowship Programme.
The Fellowship will start on Monday, 2 February 2015 (dates may vary depending on availability of delegations) and will end on Friday, 31 July 2015. The placement offices will be the European Union Delegations in Geneva and New York (one fellow for each office for the entire duration of the programme) where the fellows will assist the delegation in following the United Nations Human Rights Council and United Nations General Assembly and related bodies dealing with Human Rights.
The fellows will perform tasks as set out by their supervisors.
Tasks may include, but are not limited to, carrying out research, writing reports and evaluations on negotiations, assisting in the drafting of EU statements and resolutions, as well as participating in negotiations with EU and other countries’ delegates. Some administrative tasks can be expected. Often, overtime will be required.
Overall administrative management of the Fellowship Programme is provided by EIUC.
The fellows will be entitled to the following (these entitlements have to be considered as gross amount*):
- Per diem: 96 € gross (for the fellow placed in New York) or 80 € gross (for the fellow placed in Geneva);
- Pre-paid flight tickets through EIUC travel’s agency for a return ticket in economy class that would not exceed 400 € travelling to Geneva and 900 € travelling to New York;
- Health Insurance policies for up to 100 € per month (upon receipt of original documentation).
The per diem is to be considered ALL inclusive. No additional expenses will be reimbursed.
*(Article 50, clause 1, letter c) of the Testo Unico delle Imposte sui Redditi includes among incomes considered to be similar to those of employed labor “sums paid by anyone in the form of a scholarship, check, prize or subsidy for the purposes of study or professional training, if the beneficiary is not bound by relations of regular employment to the provider of funds” (tax law in force as of 31.07.2010). The net sum paid will thus vary according to the overall tax situation of the recipient of the payment, as well as the nature of the taxation system itself, which varies from year to year.
- BE E.MA graduates from a.y. 2009/2010 to present
- Be European Union citizens
- NOT have had prior working commitments (including internships) within any European Institution
- HAVE excellent knowledge of English and solid knowledge of French
- Interested candidates should send an updated cv (specifying the title of their E.MA Thesis) and one letter of motivation by Sunday, 4 January 2015 at 11 p.m. (CET) to email@example.com.
- All CVs will be considered for both delegations, candidates shall not express any preference; only one letter of motivation is required.
- No additional documentation will be taken into account.
- As EIUC offices will be closed until Monday, 5 January 2015, further information cannot be provided before the deadline. If in doubt, our suggestion is to send your application anyway; you can make your enquiries in your accompanying email and Ms Fanicchi will get back to you in early January. Should you not meet our requirements, your application will be then withdrawn from the Programme.
For More Information: