eMpowering Youths Across ASEAN Programme
Application Deadline- 18 November 2018
The eMpowering Youths Across ASEAN is a partnership programme between Maybank Foundation and ASEAN Foundation that consists of mentoring, regional leadership training, and overseas local community projects. The community projects will be incubated to be scaled up in the coming years as social enterprises across the region to become the foremost initiative in Southeast Asia for catalysing youth participation and impact on their communities. The programme is initiated with the realization that the future of ASEAN is in the hands of youths, and their energy and creativity can be channeled into challenging and meaningful activities to strengthen community bonds, encourage volunteerism and philanthropy, and generate innovative solutions to socio-economic challenges.
Criteria for Application
This programme is eligible for anyone who fulfill these criteria.
- Age of 19 – 35 years old by applicant’s next birthday (2019)
- Citizens of ASEAN Member States
- Fluency in English, as mentoring, trainings, and general communication during the programme will be fully conducted in English, participants are required to be able to have verbal and written fluency in English.
- Full commitment themselves to one-week regional training from 20 to 25 January 2019 and two weeks overseas volunteering project on from 17 February to 2 March 20
How to Apply
To apply for this programme, those who are interested are required to apply online through this link bit.ly/eMpoweringYouthsApplication by 18 November 2018 the latest.
The ASEAN Foundation will review your applications and will contact you should you are accepted. Shortlisted candidates will be asked to submit the following documents:
- Letter of consent from their employers/institution/university and
- Medical statement (participants mostly will be working in rural areas, they should be able to show that they are in a fit condition to complete the project)
- Proof of health and life insurance during the 1-week regional leadership training and capacity building, also during the 2 weeks volunteering project
Accepted participants will receive:
- A fully-funded orientation and capacity building prior departure to the community project.
- Return flight ticket from home country to the volunteer location
- Meals (breakfast, lunch, dinner), and local transport
- A grant to implement the two weeks overseas local community project
The programme organisers will not cover the following:
- Local transport from the participants’ home to the airport
- Any other expenses not directly related to the programme
For more information: