Applications Deadline- 4pm on Monday 14th January 2019.
The Engineering Leaders Scholarships (ELS) programme aims to provide support for undergraduates in UK Higher Education Institutions (HEI) who have the potential to become leaders in engineering and who are able to act as role models for future engineers.
These scholarships help ambitious and inspiring undergraduates in engineering and related disciplines, who want to become leadership role models for the next generation of engineers, to undertake an accelerated personal development programme.
Recipients will get the opportunity to acquire the skills needed to fulfill their potential, helping them to move into engineering leadership positions in UK industry soon after graduation.
All Scholars receive £5,000 to be used over three years towards career personal development activities.
Sir Ralph Robins Scholarships
When applying for an Engineering Leaders Scholarship you may also apply for the Sir Ralph Robins scholarship as part of an application. Along with benefits provided by the ELS scheme those who are successful in being offered the Sir Ralph Robins Scholarship will receive an additional £5,000 to put towards tuition fees and a 10 week or 1 year paid internship (Optional) at Rolls-Royce plc. Applicants from underrepresented and underprivileged backgrounds are especially encouraged to apply for a Sir Ralph Robins Scholarship.
Engineering Leaders Scholarships (formerly the Engineering Leadership Awards) help ambitious and inspiring undergraduates to become leadership role models for the next generation of engineers and to undertake an accelerated personal development programme. Over the course of three years, they receive £5,000 funding for personal development and experienced mentorship to offer advice on their future development and career options. They also attend an annual training and networking event at which all the currently active scholarship holders from the different year groups are brought together along with Fellows of the Academy, Sainsbury Management Fellows, and previous alumni of the scheme.
To be eligible for an Engineering Leaders Scholarship, you:
- Must be completing an undergraduate degree at a UK Higher Education Institution, this includes degree apprenticeships
- Need to be studying engineering or a related discipline
- Will have completed at least one year (full time equivalent) or your degree, and have at least two years full time equivalent (including the current year) left until graduation
- Will usually be resident in the UK and eligible to pay UK home fees
For those who wish to be considered for a Sir Ralph Robins Scholarship you must also meet the following critera:
You must have attended a non-fee paying secondary school AND meet one of the following three criteria
- have been eligible for free school meals OR
- be in the first generation from your immediate family to attend university OR
- have at some stage been in local authority care
There will also be an opportunity in the application form to let us know if there is anything else you would like us to take into consideration when considering your eligibility for a Sir Ralph Robins Scholarship
If any section of your application is incomplete or missing your application will not be accepted
Scholars will receive:
- Assistance from the Academy to create personal development plans, enabling scholars to plan the use of their scholarship in the short term, and outline their intentions in the medium and long term.
- £5,000 to enable them to act on their personal development plans over a period of up to three years.
- An annual training and networking weekend at which all the current scholarship holders from the different year groups are brought together.
- Access to senior engineers for guidance and support.
For More Information: