Application Deadline: December 15th 2017
Through the Seed Money Programme, CODEV seeks to enhance linkages between science and society by promoting partnerships between researchers from EPFL and researchers and non-academic actors in countries of the Global South, to jointly address main development challenges.
This is in conformity with the Agenda 2030 and its 17 Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) adopted in 2015 by the United Nations, which recognizes the crucial role of science and technology as driving forces behind sustainable development and confirms the need to work together to advance poverty reduction.
The Programme provides grants up to CHF 20’000 under a competitive basis through an annual call for projects.
The Seed Money grant aims at:
- Reinforcing interest in scientific corporation for advancing the SDGs.
- Supporting the establishment of partnerships between researchers and non-economic actors to expand science and society interfaces when addressing main world challenges.
- Supporting EPFL researchers in the preparatory phase of a new project with a view to obtaining third-party funding.
- The maximum granted amount for one project is CHF 20,000. This funding may be used to cover research activities, field visits, travel expenses, equipment and to organise workshops or meetings.
- Salary costs for EPFL staff (professors, collaborators or PhDs) cannot be covered. Partial salary costs of researchers in the partner country(ies) may be covered.
- A detailed budget must be provided (see application form). Foreseen expenses must be justified and coherent with the proposed research activities.
- Financial and in-kind contributions from each partner are expected and must be clearly indicated in the budget. The budget has to be divided fairly among partners
- Applications must be prepared jointly by EPFL researchers and their partners, following the indications mentioned in the application form. The project leader at EPFL must send the application form in electronic format (including annexes) to CODEV at the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Completed applications must be submitted no later than 15 December 2017. Late and incomplete applications will not be considered.
For More Information: