Application Deadline:1st November 2017.
The Centre for European Progression is looking for young people interested in European Affairs to participate in a 6-day long Erasmus+ youth exchange programme called “Youth Committee for the Future”, organized in partnership with the Naples-based Italian Institute for the Future and other European NGOs.
The “Youth Committee for the Future” is an international simulation project where young Europeans can discuss the most important political issues with high-level decision-makers.
The Erasmus+ project “Youth Committee for the Future” is designed to simulate the working principles of a European parliamentary committee for the future, using methods such as technology assessment, scenario-building and foresight practices in order to enable young participants both to analyze selected topics as well as to propose initiatives to be implemented to address long-term issues.
Participants will meet local and European policy-makers in charge of youth and European policies during the preparation phase in Brussels to discuss with them the topics of the simulation and to understand in which way these problems are interpreted in their own countries. During the simulation activity, they will also have the possibility to debate with local policy-makers in charge of youth and European policies, coming from the City of Naples and the Campania Region. Italian and international MEPs will be also involved.
- Naples, Italy
- 19-24 March 2018
- 1-day training in Brussels in February
- The growth of automation in the job market
- The change of democratic processes in the digital age
- The challenges of migrations
- The future of welfare states in an age of progressively aging
- The need of a media literacy in the educational systems.
- To enable young citizens to understand the current trends, the possible future scenarios and the social consequences related to specific topics
- To create a space for communication and dialogue between youth citizens and decision-makers
- To enable young people to understand the deliberative mechanisms of European democratic institutions.
- To involve young Europeans in a more actively democratic participation.
Travel costs, accommodation and catering are free for the participants.
If you are interested in the project, please send a short motivational letter to firstname.lastname@example.org in English till the 1st November 2017.
For More Information: