Application Deadline: 1 May 2017.
Following the success of the first ESA/ELGRA Gravity Related Research Summer School last year, ESA Education Office and the European Low Gravity Research Association (ELGRA) have decided to repeat this fruitful collaboration and organise a second edition. Applications are now open!
Dates: Monday 26 to Friday 30 June 2017.
Location: ESA Academy – Training and Learning Centre, ESA Redu Centre, Belgium.
This exciting Summer School will explain the interest and benefits of performing research at different g levels, and offer an overview of the current research under microgravity and hypergravity conditions in Life and Physical sciences.
Over four and an half packed days students will attend stimulating lectures, and will work within small groups to devise ideas for prospective experiments. Gravity-related research will be introduced to these future scientists and engineers by showing the possibilities of studies and research careers in the European space sector.
The trainers will be ELGRA and ESA experts from across Europe, freely sharing their experience and know-how with the students, including their day-to-day work and research experience in biology, human physiology, and physics.
The ESA/ELGRA Gravity Related Research Summer School 2017 is open to 22 bachelor and master students in science or engineering disciplines from ESA Member and Associate States not yet involved in the space sector. Students enrolled in university who fulfil the following criteria at the time of the application may be eligible:
- Aged between 18 and 32;
- Citizen of an ESA Member or Associate State*;
- Enrolled as a full-time BSc or MSc student in a university studying an engineering or scientific subject;
- Have never taken part in any gravity-related activity and never been sponsored by ESA’s Education Office or ELGRA.
The selected students will be sponsored by ESA. The sponsorship will cover accommodation and meals as well as up to 200 Euros for travelling to Redu, Belgium.
- Complete the application form;
- Upload a motivation letter (PDF, maximum 1 page, no images);
- Upload a CV (PDF, maximum 2 pages);
- Upload a formal recommendation letter (PDF, maximum 1 page including signature, no images) from a university professor or an academic supervisor;
- Upload an official copy of academic records (PDF, preferably with the university stamp).
The deadline for applications is 1 May 2017.
For more information, please contact esa.academy @ esa.int
For More Information: