EU-Japan Centre for Industrial Cooperation Minevra Fellowship Programme 2018,Japan (Funded)
Application Deadline: 15 Dec. 2017
The EU-Japan Centre for Industrial Cooperation proposes a 6 month in-house fellowship scheme in Japan, designed to support its research and policy analysis of EU-Japan economic and industrial issues.
The Research Fellow will undertake research work on a selected priority topic of the Centre, which should result in a consistent policy report (70-100 pages), to be owned by the Centre.
Apart from research on a pre-determined topic, the Research Fellow will be expected to support the daily analytical activities of the Centre, including media monitoring, policy briefings, seminar reports, etc.
- Candidates must be citizens of an EU Member-State or a COSME Third Country (*) or Japan. They must be professionals (trade and economic analysts, academics, scientists, civil servants) with a proven interest in EU-Japan cooperation from multiple perspectives (trade/market access, industrial policy issues, R&D, etc…).
- Minimum requirements: EU / COSME or Japanese citizenship, university degree, strong interest and motivation in Japan and EU-Japan relations.
- The following elements will constitute an advantage in the selection process: previous professional experience with Japan, an already advanced study/research on one of the priority topics, Japanese language abilities.
The fellowship is worth 1700-2000 EUR/month (paid in JPY) and covers a period of 6 months:
The fellowship is expected to cover basic daily expenses and accommodation in Tokyo. A Research Fellow selected from outside Japan, will receive an additional travel subsidy of up to 1000 EUR.
Insurance: the Research Fellow shall take out a personal insurance policy for the whole duration of the Fellowship to cover:
- Personal health,
- Accident insurance,
- Third-party liability (private life): insurance against the loss of, or damage to, his/her personal property, and insurance against any injury, loss or damage suffered by a third person for which the Participant is personally liable.
This policy shall be taken out prior to the beginning of the fellowship. (The Centre may provide assistance in this matter, if the participant is an EU national not residing in Japan.)
The EU-Japan Centre for Industrial Cooperation will provide assistance in obtaining the visa for Japan.
EXTENSION OF FELLOWSHIP
Exceptionally and depending on the initial results and the interests from the stakeholders, the Minerva Fellowship may be extended for another 6 months.
THE APPLICATION PROCESS
The candidates should specify the slot for which they are applying.
Application documents to be submitted: CV, Covering Letter, Research Topic-Research Plan (1-2 A4 pages).
Deadline for Applications
- 2nd slot 2017 ~October 2017 to March 2018~ –> deadline to apply: passed
- 1st slot 2018 ~April to September 2018~ –> deadline to apply: 15 Dec. 2017
- 2nd slot 2018 ~October 2018 to March 2019~ –> deadline to apply: 15 June 2018
The application materials and eventual requests for clarification should be sent electronically to the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org
For More Information:
Visit the Official Webpage of the MINERVA EU-Japan Fellowship Programme 2018