Application Deadline: 18:00 on Monday, 13th September 2018
The European Commission and the British Council announce the Call for applications to the EU Scheme for Young Professionals in the Western Balkans – Round II (YPS 2018), the action implementing two training programmes in EU academic institutions and a regional exchange component for early career civil servants from the six countries of the Western Balkans (Albania, Bosnia & Hercegovina, Kosovo*, the former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia, Montenegro and Serbia).
At the end of selection procedure successful applicants will be offered the opportunity to attend 2 intensive trainings (2 weeks each) at Science Po in Paris (France) named “Executive Certificate in Management and Public Policy” and at College of Europe in Bruges (Belgium), as well as to participate at a 2 weeks Regional Exchange Programme to promote the regional cooperation element of the EU integration process at the level of civil service.
- The EU Scheme Programme, whose working language is only English, will offer up to 30 places, 5 for each country of the region (the actual number of grants awarded may also be less depending on suitability of candidates).
- This call is open to mid-level civil servants with between 2 and 5 years of working experience in Public Administration involved in policy formulation and strategic planning within the Prime Minister’s Office, Ministry of Finance, strategic units of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Ministry of European Integration/Governmental Directorates/Bodies of European Integration as well as civil servants from other line Ministries directly involved in European Integration process.
- tuition fees at Science Po and at College of Europe
- accommodation and living allowances in France and Belgium
- visa costs (if Visa is needed)
- health insurance and flight tickets
- English language test costs
- Exchange programme costs (travel, food and lodging)
- Attend in full the 4 weeks trainings at Science Po and at College of Europe, divided in two modules planned in December 2018 and February 2019.
- Attend the two weeks exchange programme in the Public Administrations of one of the six countries involved in the programme (March/April 2019).
- Attend the Regional Alumni Conference and Lessons Learnt event (May 2019)
- Rules of Procedure (to be read and understood in full), Europass CV template and related instructions, the YPS 2018 Application form.
- Each applicant must complete in English the YPS 2017 Application Form, the Europass CV format and they must accompany the application with:
For More Information: