Are you involved in a project that is providing citizens with access to high-speed broadband internet? The European Broadband Awards 2016 is looking for all types of projects irrespective of the size, location, or technologies, led by public and private organisations.
The winners will also be featured in DG CONNECT’s website, newsletters and will be presented as part of the good practices database of Broadband Europe.
The aim of this competition is to identify and award good practices in planning, management and implementation of the High Capacity Networks in Europe, as well as to facilitate exchange of knowhow among project promoters. The benefit for projects participating in this competition is a wide spread visibility in the Broadband Europe community.
- All types of projects irrespective of the size, location, or technologies, led by public or private organisations are encouraged to apply.
- Target groups of the competition are public entities such as municipalities, regions and Member States administrations, communities as well as private actors such as network and service operators, utilities or other project promoters that are actively involved in building up high capacity infrastructure.
- By the time the application is submitted at least 80% of the project needs to have been completed.
The projects will apply for one of the five award categories:
1: Innovative models of financing, business and investment
2: Cost reduction and co-investment
3: Socio-economic impact and affordability
4: Openness and competition
5: Future-proof and quality of service
How to Apply:
- Download the application form (xlsx file) available at https://ec.europa.eu/digital-singlemarket/en/european-broadband-award.
- Read the guidelines and explanations (in the application form) next to the input fields and fill in the form as far as possible.
- Do not make any structural changes
in the application form file, only fill in the input fields. Submit the application (as xlsx file) by the deadline per e-mail to email@example.com. You will receive an e-mail confirmation.
- The deadline for submitting the applications is 15 September 2016, 16:00 CET.
For More Information: